Company: Vaco Staffing
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We are looking for a Controller to join a growing and amazing
team! Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares financial statements to summarize and forecast the
company's financial status.
- Produces and manages balance sheets and analyzes future
earnings and expenses.
- Assists with management of accounting, auditing, and budgeting
within the organization.
- Assists with preparations for audits.
- Works to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Ensures compliance with and prepares reports according to
applicable government regulations.
- Uses accounting software to maintain records and prepare
- Delegates accounting tasks to junior accounting staff.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting
and general ledger structure both internally and parent
- Supervise the accounting group to ensure accurate and timely
monthly, quarterly and year-end close, and the timely reporting of
- Ensure that all accounting and financial reporting deadlines
- Work with other accounting specialists to ensure that all
monthly accounting and general ledger requirements are completed
timely and accurately.
- Complete monthly accounting and general ledger activities for
subsidiaries including intercompany transactions.
- Oversee the daily banking and cash flow management
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and operate
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end
close, and the timely reporting financial information.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient
procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of
- Supervise and mentor members of the accounting team.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts,
absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives
for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the
professional development of staff.
- Support Principals and firm wide managers in responding to
inquiries, special requests, help with special projects and
workflow process improvements.Education, Experience, and Licensing
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
Keywords: Vaco Staffing, Tallahassee , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!