Manager Financial Analysis
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Manager Financial Analysis? At HCA Florida
Capital Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up
to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members
over the course of three years.BenefitsHCA Florida Capital
Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Manager Decision Support Services
like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsJob
Summary:The Manager Financial Analysis will be responsible for
providing strategic reporting and information to division and
hospital leadership by analyzing operational volumes, expense &
service utilization, and the organization's competitive position in
the marketplace. Additionally, the DSS Manager is responsible for
developing and training of the DSS Analyst.***This candidate can be
local to Charleston, SC, or Tallahassee, FL. If located in
Charleston, will be office-based. If located in Tallahassee, will
need to travel to Charleston 1 week per month***What you will do in
- In partnership with the DSS Director, division, market, and
service line leadership, evaluate, analyze, and manage the
development of key reporting and analytical tools for the
evaluation of key service line indicators.
- In collaboration with the DSS Director and division financial
leadership, manage the development of key financial reporting and
analytical tools that provide quick and concise analysis of key
- In collaboration with the DSS Director and key division
leadership, manage the development and maintenance of monthly
reporting packages and MOR analytical and reporting support.
- Provide guidance and training to department, facility, and
division staff surrounding DSS departmental reporting tools.
- In collaboration with the division leadership team and hospital
administrators, the DSS Manager will act as a strategic
informational resource for hospitals by providing ongoing reporting
- DSS Manager will oversee a team of Analysts who support
multiple hospitals simultaneously and provide requested information
to customers in a timely manner.
- Supervise and manage all direct reports in accordance with
standard HCA policy & procedures.
- Reporting will focus on operational and volume information by
looking at various metrics in the facility.
- Reporting and analysis will come from a variety of different
data sources, both internal to the company (patient encounter,
financial) and external (hospital associations).
- The DSS Manager is responsible for providing facility and
division level profit and loss reporting and analysis.
- The DSS Manager will be responsible for providing hospitals and
division with information about their competitive position in their
respective communities compared to other service providers.
- Act as a resource for other employees in the use of decision
support tools and software applications.
- Exhibits a proactive attitude and takes initiative in various
projects assigned by the DSS Director and Senior Team member from
both the division and facilities.
- Develops and maintains major tools to automate weekly, monthly,
and quarterly reporting.
- Help develop analyst skill sets to utilize available software
with efficiency and confidence to automate standard reports.
- Completes a minimum of three major projects each year (i.e. -
presentation with a minimum of 30 slides with data and executive
summary), while maintaining the lead responsibility of two to four
- Masters the tools utilized in DSS and takes the initiative to
learn new products that become available as well as teaches this
software to other team members.
- In addition to diverse reporting responsibilities, Manager will
also train, develop, and mentor DSS personnel to attain the same
level of technical proficiency, analytical competency, and customer
- Must be proficient with SQL, Power BI, Excel, and Business
ObjectsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Finance,
Accounting, Healthcare Administration or Business related field
from an accredited college or university; Master's degree
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of Decision Support,
Accounting, or Finance experience in a multi-site healthcare
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).Nashville-based HCA Healthcare
is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services.
Founded in 1968, HCA Healthcare created a new model for hospital
care in the United States. In this model, we use combined resources
to improve hospitals, deliver patient-focused care, and improve the
practice of medicine. We have conducted several clinical studies.
One of those studies includes a demonstration that full-term
delivery is healthier than early elective delivery of babies.
Another study identified a clinical protocol that can reduce
bloodstream infections in ICU patients by 44 percent. We are a
learning health system that uses its more than 31 million annual
patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and
save lives. HCA affiliated facilities in the North Florida Division
are a part of a quality healthcare network in North Florida. This
network includes 15 affiliated hospitals, 5 surgery centers, and
two consolidated service centers. Together, our network has over
3,100 beds, employs more than 14,000 team members, and has over
4,200 physicians on staff.HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one
of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute
more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people
beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-FounderWe are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Manager Decision Support Services opening.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your
resume today to join our community of caring!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Tallahassee , Manager Financial Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!