Company: Thomasville City School District
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Position Title: School Secretary_Bookkeeper
Terms of employment: 11 months, 209 days
Reports To: Principal
Primary Function: The School Secretary/Bookkeeper was established
for the purpose(s) of maintaining and overseeing the receipting
process in the school to document and account for monies collected
from students, and teachers. The school bookkeep prepares bank
deposits, verifies and balances receipts, pays and prepares
invoices after approval by the principal, and monitors overdue
accounts. Assist with end-of-year audit reports.
- Educational Level: High School Diploma or equivalent,
Vocational/ Technical education preferred.
- Experience: One year of related experience, bookkeeping
- Certification: None required
- Proficiency Skills: Written and oral communication skills,
ability to deal with multiple tasks, organizational skills, ability
to operate office machinery, computer competence
- Personal skills: Pleasant personality, cooperative attitude,
physical skills, and stamina to perform essential duties.
- Maintains a pattern of prompt and regular attendance.
- Demonstrates professionalism by reporting to work and assigned
duties on time.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the use of computer
applications as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates appropriate verbal and written communication
- Acts in a professional manner and maintains a professional
attitude towards the public and colleagues; adheres to cultural
diversity guidelines, and exhibits the fundamentals of good
- Complies with the school system, state and federal regulations,
and policies, including the PSC Code of Ethics, as related to job
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information and
material; adheres to the chain of command.
- Maintains a professional appearance as outlined by local BOE
- Maintains and improves knowledge and skills to promote
proficiency in the operations of an organized, modern, updated, and
- Participates in professional organizations, workshops, and
staff development activities and applies what is learned to the
job; accepts new challenges in a professional manner.
- Shows initiative and assumes responsibility for all aspects of
job responsibilities; performs routine duties and tasks with little
or no direct supervision.
- Exhibits time on task and a flexible, cooperative, progressive,
and hardworking attitude and style.
- Monitors compliance with policies and laws concerning areas of
- Answers telephone, directs calls, takes messages, and provides
information to individuals.
- Greets visitors courteously and professionally; provides
information and handles routine business associated with a busy,
productive, and smoothly run office.
- Enhances the climate of the building and the morale
- Maintains and manages files, records, materials, supplies, and
equipment in an appropriate, accessible, and current manner,
including records necessary for reporting and accountability.
- Participates in workshops and staff development activities and
applies what is learned to the job, accepts new challenges in a
- Performs daily counts of student activity and fund monies
received by the school; prepares account deposit breakdowns and
reconciles the bank deposit to the total funds receipted by the
- Verifies teacher deposits to receipt books to ensure that all
monies are receipted to the school office.
- Delivers deposits to the bank, makes night bank safety drops,
verifies that amount credited by the bank agrees with deposit
breakdowns; retrieves and safeguards bank bags.
- Reviews cash receipts and prepares statements of miscellaneous
- Prepares and forward proper paperwork for disbursements, and
transfers of funds between school accounts, as appropriately
approved; advises the principal of imbalances in the school
- Monthly/quarterly balance sheets on district account. Works
directly with District Office Bookkeeper for end-of-year
- Prepare requisitions for office supplies and disbursement
- Keep a daily balance of cash on deposit in an operating bank
account. Reconciles the cashbook account with the ledger at end of
- Performs other duties as assigned by the administrator.
I,, acknowledge review of this job description.
(Employee Printed Name)
Employee's Signature Date
Supervisor's Signature Date
HR Representative's Signature Date
Keywords: Thomasville City School District, Tallahassee , School Secretary_Bookkeeper, Accounting, Auditing , Thomasville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...