Posted on: September 22, 2023
Hybrid, Competitive SalaryThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Derek
CoxAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.Salary: $110,000 - $150,000 per yearA bit
about us:We have offered diverse banking services in Tallahassee
and Lakeland since 2008. Our four branches combine the friendly
atmosphere of a community bank with operational efficiency,
resulting in happy clients who refer others and enhance shareholder
value. Our success is credited to employees who embody our core
principles: passion, grace, integrity, tenacity, and
accountability.Join our team as a detail-oriented Controller. This
pivotal role involves establishing and coordinating an accurate
accounting system for our bank and its holding company, including
financial consolidation of branches and subsidiaries. Familiarity
with financial institution accounting and SEC reporting is crucial
for success in this position.We think you'll succeed in this role
- Have a high attention to detail and always check your work
- Are passionate about transparent accounting practices
- Take initiative and don't wait for direction when you see an
- Value having rigid processes in place to maintain
- Understand that your work may ebb and flow around quarterly
reportingWhy join us?
- Competitive annual salary commensurate with your
- Group rate health, vision, and dental insurance options for you
and your family
- Life and disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Generous paid time off policy
- Nine (9) Paid holidays
- A collaborative workplace where you're more than just a
- Bachelors in Accounting
- 5+ years experience in a financial institution or SEC reporting
- Master's degree in Accounting
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- 10+ years of accounting experience in a financial institution
or SEC reporting company at the Controller, Assistant Controller,
or Senior Accountant levelEssential Duties:
- Ensuring compliance with accounting principles.
- Generating monthly Board reports.
- Handling regulatory financial reporting.
- Developing SEC financial schedules.
- Managing accounting staff and functions.
- Supervising accounts payable.
- Preparing income accruals and reconciliations.
- Reviewing and approving records.
- Assisting with Board reporting.Interested in hearing more? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Tallahassee , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!