Company: D.R. HORTON, INC.
Posted on: November 17, 2023
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was
founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York
Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high
quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first
time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing
and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title
subsidiaries. Please visit our website at for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Division Controller.
The right candidate will manage all aspects of a division%26rsquo;s
historical reporting, anticipatory budgeting, and financial
projections. Act as the conscience of the division, involving
fiduciary responsibilities, business process improvement, and
challenging the thinking and decisions of the entire management
team. Lead senior management in compliance with company policies.
Act as the liaison between the division and the corporate/region
office as it relates to accounting and finance issues. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may
- Assume the fiduciary responsibility of enforcing the operating
procedures and policies established by the company
- Maintain responsibility for all banking activities and execute
them in accordance with policies and procedures issued by
- Report financial results in conformity with GAAP together with
financial and accounting policies established by the company
- Maintain responsibility for the budgeting process and ensure
that all budgets inputted to the computerized accounting system
reflect out contractual or estimated contractual liabilities
- Oversee the preparation and reliability of all financial
projections required by the company%26rsquo;s corporate
- Responsible for month-end close process and coordinate the
closing of the division%26rsquo;s accounting books with Corporate
- Coordinate and implement pricing strategy agreed upon by
- Fully understand all aspects of the computerized accounting
system deployed in the operating division, and utilize the system
to its full capabilities
- Perform in both the financial and operational segments of the
business, devoting time to field visits
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to
serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
Supervisory Responsibilities Directly manages two or more employees
in the Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Keywords: D.R. HORTON, INC., Tallahassee , Division Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!