Company: Scottsdale Academy
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Infant Teacher Job Description: Scottsdale Academy is a child
development center for children Infants through VPK/5 years old.
Hours of operation are 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday - Friday, open
year-round, and closed only for major holidays. We are looking for
a qualified Infant Teacher to love and care for Scottsdale
Academy's youngest students aged 6 weeks to 12 months. An infant
teacher will stimulate, engage, and motivate babies to reach
age-appropriate social and emotional milestones that they will
carry into their future academic career. An infant teacher must
have great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to
teach and care for them effectively include an understanding of
best infant practices and infant educational methods as well as
knowledge of Florida's Department of Children and Families Child
Care Statutes and Administrative Code. The goal is to positively
contribute to the overall mental, physical and emotional
development of the infants. Responsibilities:
- Organize each day's activities to provide babies with a variety
of new experiences through a carefully constructed curriculum.
- Develop creative and strategic lesson plans and employ a
variety of educational techniques (storytelling, sensorial play,
musical stimulation, etc.) to engage babies.
- Conduct developmental screenings and ongoing assessments of
infants to determine motor, language, cognitive, social and
- Execute daily classroom tasks to include teacher-directed
engagement, infant-directed interactions with peers and adults to
foster children's social competencies, age-appropriate proper
hygiene and feeding techniques, rest opportunities, as well as
other elements that may not be listed here.
- Recognize and be responsive to each baby's verbal and
non-verbal communication signs and needs.
- Communicate with parents appropriately and effectively
regarding students' growth and progress.
- Understand all school emergency procedures and protocol.
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom consistent with health and
- Supervise babies at all times. Requirements:
- Professional experience working with infants
- Knowledgeable in child development
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient, friendly, reliable and able to multitask in a fast
- DCF 45 hours (preferred)
- Credentialed with a Child Development Associate (CDA), or
Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood field of study
- Level II Background Screening will be conducted through
Florida's Background Screening Clearinghouse If you have resided
outside the state of Florida within the past five years, those
state background checks will also be required. The preceding is at
the employee's expense and can be taken out of the first paycheck
if requested. Preference will be given to applicants with special
training in Early Childhood Education or the equivalent.
Keywords: Scottsdale Academy, Tallahassee , Infant Teacher, Education / Teaching , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!