Substitute Preschool Teacher
Company: Scottsdale Academy
Posted on: January 24, 2023
ID: 1059Location: Tallahassee, FLDepartment: Substitute
Preschool Teacher Job Description: (Substitute) Scottsdale Academy
is a child development center for children Infants through VPK/5
years old. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday - Friday,
open year-round, and closed only for major holidays. We are looking
for a qualified Preschool Teacher to prepare young children for the
future. Important social, emotional and academic skills are to be
taught that they will utilize throughout their academic career. A
preschool teacher must have great love and patience for children.
Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge
of best practices and preschool educational methods, as well as the
ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention. The goal
is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of
the children so they can more easily acclimate to the next level of
- Develop creative and engaging lesson plans suitable for
- Track children's progress using the appropriate assessment
provided by the school.
- Guide children to develop their academic, artistic and
practical capabilities through a carefully constructed
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling,
educational play, sensorial, media, etc.) to teach child.
- Build an engaging, fun, learning environment that promotes
literacy and early education in a classroom setting.
- Execute daily classroom schedule to include teacher-directed
learning, child-directed experiences, quality outdoor time,
age-appropriate proper hygiene, laying out of lunches, snack
distribution, rest opportunities, as well as other elements that
may not be listed here.
- Create and encourage child interactions with peers and adults
to foster children's social competencies, including self-esteem and
- Communicate with parents appropriately and effectively
regarding students' growth and progress.
- Understand all school emergency procedures and protocol.
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom consistent with health and
- Supervise children at all times. Requirements:
- Professional experience working with young children
- Knowledgeable in child development
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Patient, friendly and reliable
- DCF 45 hours (preferred)
- Credentialed with a Child Development Associate (CDA), or
Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood field of study
- Level II Background Screening will be conducted through
Florida's Background Screening Clearinghouse If you have resided
outside the state of Florida within the past five years, those
state background checks will also be required. The preceding is at
the employee's expense and can be taken out of the first paycheck
if requested. Preference will be given to applicants with the
special training in Early Childhood Education or the equivalent.
Keywords: Scottsdale Academy, Tallahassee , Substitute Preschool Teacher, Education / Teaching , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!