Company: Aviat Networks
Posted on: October 11, 2020
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global
At Aviat Networks we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is
committed to supporting and strengthening our values and
attributes. If you're a results-oriented, customer centric and
innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and
professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the next step in your
career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy
change and know how to have fun! So, come join us as we bring
communications to the world.
Aviat Networks is the world's largest independent supplier of
wireless transmission systems. We are recognized worldwide for
cutting-edge; 4G, backhaul, networking solutions and services.
Customers in more than 135 countries depend on Aviat Networks to
build, expand and upgrade their voice, data and video
We currently have an immediate need for a Senior Project
The Sr Project Engineer works along with the Project Manager to
ensure the timely delivery of orders that involve installation
services. The complexity of these orders can range from a simple,
one hop, new system to complex state-wide, multi-hop replacement
systems. The project engineer is responsible for the technical
aspects of the installation.
Home Office - Florida
- Review customer SOW, subcontractor SOW(s), customer RFP, Aviat
proposal and detailed pricing spreadsheets to understand the
services requirements and identify any oversights or risks.
- Conducts site surveys to assess existing site conditions
including floor space, power, and environmental requirements. Based
on preliminary path calculations, determine the feasibility of
antenna locations and required mounting hardware. Assess the
suitability of existing cable ladders and bridges for the new
- Generate site survey reports using the Aviat site survey app
and identify required site and facility improvements, antenna and
waveguide installation hardware, including basic site plans and
floor plans to capture installation requirements.
- Review the Transmission Engineer's path survey report to ensure
there are no discrepancies in antenna placements or transmission
line lengths. Resolve any discrepancies with the Transmission
- Work with the Network Design Engineer (NDE) to ensure that the
requirements identified in the Site Survey Report are incorporated
into the final system design (Design Freeze Package) and the
pricing spreadsheet. Attend the Design Freeze meeting.
- Review the installation SOW and updated if necessary. Obtain
revised SOW quote from the installation subcontractor if needed.
Issue sub-contractor purchase requisitions to purchasing.
- Participates in weekly internal and external project status
meetings. Work with manufacturing and the Customer to resolve any
technical issues that may affect the schedule.
- Attends any on-site meetings that may be required to resolve
- Provide the customer's structural engineers with antenna and
antenna mount documentation for structural analysis. Review
customer provided A&E drawings to ensure there have been no
site changes that would affect the installation.
- Using Aviat's installation and close-out app, assembles the
installation documentation packages to include system and site
drawings, bills of material, site and floor plans, path
calculations and PCNs and site-by-site installation tasks.
- Generates the field acceptance test procedures, cut-over plan
and installation schedule in accordance with the project
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the field
installation. Reviews the daily installation reports and photos to
monitor installation progress and installation quality.
- At the end of each site installation, reviews and finalizes the
red-lined drawings, equipment test data, antenna sweeps and site
photos to produce the final site close-out packages.
- Archives the close-out packages and notifies the Technical
Assistance Center (TAC) that the project is now in the warranty
- Support the project manager in resolving material shortages.
Orders and tracks material shortage shipments and co-ordinates
deliveries with the customer.
- Assists the Project Manager with out-of-scope requests from the
customer and generating Change Order requests to the customer.
- Provides support to sales by performing pre-award site walks.
Prepares a preliminary installation SOW.
- Provides support to sales by preparing preliminary field
acceptance test plans and cut-over plans.
Education and Experience
- BSEE or equivalent technical training
- 5-10 years of direct engineering experience in the microwave
- Basic understanding of microwave propagation, path design, the
use of Pathloss, and path troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of TDM systems including DS1, DS3 and OC-3
hierarchies, loop switching and network timing.
- Working knowledge of IP systems including routers and router
protocols, Ethernet ring protection and MPLS traffic
- Working knowledge of telecommunications grounding principals
including Motorola's Standards and Guidelines for Communications
- Working knowledge of support subsystems, including DC power
systems, UPS units, orderwire and IP phones, alarm RTU's and
network management systems.
- Fluid in the use of Microsoft Office applications and Agile
document management system.
- Excellent analytical and communications skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with others at all levels
within and outside the company.
- Experience working directly with Customers
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time
- Strong communications skills
- Strong work ethic
We encourage you to read our Candidate Privacy Notice. You have the
right to withdraw your consent at any time. To do this you can
email us at email@example.com.
Aviat Networks provides equal employment opportunity for all
applicants and employees. The Company does not discriminate against
applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, sex, age,
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
veteran or military status, disability or any other legally
recognized protected basis under federal, state or local law.
Aviat Networks offers a competitive benefits package. Apply NOW to
Keywords: Aviat Networks, Tallahassee , Project Engineer, Engineering , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!