Application Support Engineer Senior
Company: One Call
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Application Support Engineer SeniorThe Application Support
Engineer is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the
efficiency of our applications. As an Application Support Engineer,
you will be using the skills of a performance engineer, software
engineer, and systems engineer to support web-based applications
The Application Engineer is a crucial role that relies on quick
thinking, prioritization, creative solutions, good and timely
communication, as well as a very broad understanding of the entire
technology stack: from ETL processes, to client-side programming,
to networking, web application deployment, debugging techniques and
performance analysis. This individual will also monitor the
re-occurring deliveries and work closely with the business and
engineering teams to execute and deliver on a timely basis.
Individual will also work closely with ETL development and can
provide additional support in minor development. GENERAL DUTIES &
- Regularly investigate code to troubleshoot complex client
applications, integration and environment issues, escalate to
appropriate parties and drive to resolution.
- Troubleshoot/resolve customer problems of complex nature such
as code defects, product configurations (files or data),
networking, platform, third party communications, hardware
configuration or other issues commonly encountered in systems
operation in a networked environment.
- Troubleshoot software and configuration as necessary including,
but not limited to reviewing code and associated scripts, reviewing
application logs and updating configurations to resolve the
customer's problem in a production environment.
- Construction and scheduling of automated processes and creation
of custom processing scripts may also be needed.
- Regularly receive escalated cases from management and must
- Regularly document and report product/application defects to
the Product Management and Development team, and escalate
unresolved problems to the appropriate resources.
- -Serve as an escalation point for other Support Teams for
- - -Proactively seek out, research, and recommend improvements
to better serve customers.
- Ensure that all security, availability, confidentiality and
privacy policies and controls are always adhered to.
- Cultivate and participate in cross-department communication,
collaboration, and synergy.
- Serve as the primary for critical operational
- Maintain the planning, schedules of deliveries and coordination
with business liaison's and appropriate technical resources.
- Maintain ftp client ip whitelisting and ftp server as the
primary contact for onboarding, issues and maintenance.
- Monitor security certificates and prompt replacement in
coordination with the security team.
- Serve as the backup to the ETL development team and may at
times be involved with client onboardings and operations requiring
scripting knowledge and more simplistic coding.
- Maintain and update technical and onboarding documents and
- Manages application software licensing counts and
- Manages application software upgrades and server patches.
- Oversees new application implementations.
- Participates in the preparation and execution of corporate
business continuity requirements. EDUCATION / WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or
work experience. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience with source control management systems like TFS is
essential along with continuous integration/deployment.
- Experience with SQL 2008 or higher is essential.
- Experience with T-SQL and SQL Server database
- Essential to have the knowledge of .Net 4.5 Framework.
- Have experience in C#, ASP.Net, OO Programming, XML, XSL, HTML,
Enterprise library, ADO or ADO.Net.
- Must have 3 years of experience with scripting languages such
as Python, VBScript, Perl.
- Understanding of the latest Web Technologies.
UI, CSS, HTML.
- Experience and understanding of Scrum Development
- Basic SQL Server admin such as backing up/restoring database
- Use of Team Foundation Server.
- Hands on experience with Visual Studio 2013/2015.
- Experience / understanding of reporting services.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, prioritize, and
resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as JIRA,
- Detail oriented with excellent written and client facing verbal
- Excellent organization skills and project tracking
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, small team work environment.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and on-call as
needed.Application Support Engineer Senior Advanced professional
role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large
and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works
on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the
subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high
complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple
technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors more
junior systems analysts. Works under minimal supervision on complex
projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically
requires six or more years of demonstrated experience.EEO
EmployerWork from Home, United States
Keywords: One Call, Tallahassee , Application Support Engineer Senior, Engineering , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!