Senior Water Resources Engineer
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Why join us? We are hiring! The Senior Water Resources Engineer
will be an integral part of out Water Engineering team. We are
seeking a strong candidate who can demonstrate full competency in
conventional engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in
water resources. The ideal candidate has FDOT experience with a
thorough knowledge in Roadway Drainage, H&H, and MS4 design.
This individual should be proficient in Microstation (OpenRoads /
InRoads) or AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArcGIS, HEC-RAS, and HY-8. A strong
candidate will be able to independently make sound preliminary
engineering decisions, mentor junior engineer staff, develop water
resource design plans, and prepare technical reports.About UsAtkins
is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and
project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing
infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental
consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management
services to public and private clients across the United States for
more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise
to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical
infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon
economy.How will you contribute to the team?
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of
the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total
project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the
design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or
- Works with internal clients at progress meetings and throughout
project to meet client needs, project schedules, goals and
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and
- Performs quality control and guidance of junior staff related
to hydrologic/hydraulic models or methods.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports
and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering
investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within
and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- May manage or assist in the management of projects.
- May perform other duties as the supervisor may from time to
time deem necessary.What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical
coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with
seven years of experience since B.S. or 6 years since M.S. Typical
incumbent has ten to fourteen years of experience.
- P.E. license is requiredWhat we offer at Atkins:At Atkins, you
will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career
opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement programIf
this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with
us, apply today! Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. -
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.Please review Atkins Equal
Opportunity Statement here:Atkins cares about your privacy and are
committed to protecting your privacy. - Please consult our on our
Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer
your Personal Data.By submitting your personal information to
Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy
Notice. -Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:In the event a
recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list
submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin
family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and
hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial
obligation to the recruiter or agency. -
Keywords: Snc-Lavalin, Tallahassee , Senior Water Resources Engineer, Engineering , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!