HVAC Industrial Facilities Technician
Company: Oceaneering International, Inc.
Location: Panama City
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Provides maintenance and facilities support for manufacturing site
and equipment used in the manufacture of umbilicals for oil and gas
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs and documents monthly and annual inspections of
equipment and building systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshoots and completes
basic repair on facility HVAC systems, plumbing, and other general
maintenance of the facility.
- May assist the maintenance technicians with Preventative
Maintenance and report of manufacturing equipment.
- Use Peoplesoft to update work orders.
- Complete minor construction and repair projects, like drywall
hanging and patching, updating break or restroom facilities,
general painting and touch-ups.
- Forklift preventative maintenance and repair.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- Works in collaboration with the maintenance technicians for
preventative maintenance, repairs and new or replacement
installation of parts on the equipment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 3 years of previous facility maintenance experience
with HVAC systems, plumbing, and electrical.
- Able to navigate in computer for needed equipment files or
documentation. Working knowledge of MS365, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Understand principles of Rapid Kaizens
- Read, understand and apply Maintenance Department Process
- Ability to read hydraulic and electrical schematics, comprehend
complex drawings, specifications and procedures.
- Must be able to obain a TWIC (Transportation Workers
Identification Card) to obtain access to the work site.
- Prior general construction or repair experience is
- Previous working knowledge of Peoplesoft work orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason when dealing with others to identify good
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals
and objectives.Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Communication - Ensures that others involved in a project or
effort are kept informed about developments and plans. Keeps
manager informed about progress and problems
- Flexibility - Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work
environments, management styles, and business trends.
- Infulencing Others - Presents arguments that address others'
most important concerns and issues and looks for win-win
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
properly. Read, understand & apply HSE policies to include LMS
WORKING CONDITIONSThis position is considered SHOP/OUTDOORS which
is characterized as follows.
- Primarily outdoors during the day and occasionally at
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating
- Humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise may be over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposuire to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Constant exposure to dust."
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY/REQUIREMENTS The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.This position is
considered HEAVY work. OCCASIONAL
- Lift 35-75 pounds with assistance.
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, and work while lying
on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the
arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Lift 25-35 pounds
Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows
flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motorized vehicle.
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Hard Hat
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Inc., Tallahassee , HVAC Industrial Facilities Technician, Engineering , Panama City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!