Large Equipment Mobile Mechanic
Company: Home Depot
Location: Panama City
Posted on: January 28, 2023
MUST LIVE WITH IN 20 MILES OF PANAMA CITY, FLPosition
Purpose:The Mobile Service Technician (MST) is responsible for
maintenance and repairs on light construction equipment (skid
steers, chippers, trenchers, mini-excavators, etc.) at The Home
Depot stores or customer job sites in the vicinity. The MST makes
routine visits to each store to inspect all equipment, document the
status of each unit, perform all required preventive maintenance,
and complete work orders for maintenance and repairs. This position
reports directly to the next-level manager for their region.Key
- 10% Communication - Trains Home Depot store associates and
customers in the proper operation of the equipment and large
equipment operating procedures. Adhere to all safety requirements
particular to equipment including Federal Motor Carrier Safety
- 40% Compliance: Safety & Department of Transportation -
Maintain Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) certifications.
Maintains accurate parts inventory in vehicle or shop location.
Maintains accurate fleet inventory and transfers equipment between
locations. Maintains vehicle compliance to company, federal and
drivers standards of performance Deploys new equipment to store
locations, including performing PDIs, delivering to the store, and
training store associates on the operation of the equipment.
- 50% Maintenance - Responsible for maintaining a fleet of rental
equipment at a set of store locations or customer job sites, with a
particular emphasis on preventive maintenance.
- Receives direction from in their region in planning and
aligning short-term and long-term goals.
- Makes routine store visits to perform inspections and
preventive maintenance on all units at each store
- Inspects equipment for rental readiness, safe operation, and
store appearance standards.
- Perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Respond to service calls and orders parts needed for equipment
maintenance and repairs.
- Utilizes company technology platform to document all work
performed on equipment, including labor and parts.
- Assists with equipment deliveries and pick-ups as
- Performs other tasks assigned by the leader.Direct
- This Position typically reports to Regional Field Operations
- This Position has 0 Direct ReportsTravel Requirements:
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy
or awkward.Working Conditions:
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure
to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as
dust, fumes or odors.Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must meet DOT medical
certification requirements. Working conditions include significant
physical demands such as lifting from the waist, lifting from the
shoulder, prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, crawling
underneath equipment, climbing on top of equipment, and reaching
and stretching. The environment will require repetitive hand,
wrist, and arm movements. Occasionally, employees will be required
to work at heights.Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to negotiate, handle complaints, settle disputes, and
resolve grievances with both internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1 or more years of experience servicing construction equipment
(preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, minor mechanical
- Light construction equipment maintenance knowledge and/or
skills including small engines and hydraulics
- Ability to read and understand technical repair and parts
manuals for equipment, including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical,
and other components.
- Experience, ability, and desire to provide superior customer
- Valid driver's license
- Familiarity with inventory management
- Working knowledge of handheld technology (smartphone, laptop,
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types
and all levels of associates
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to operate in extreme outdoor working conditions
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, including
weather, traffic, and others
- Strong work ethicMinimum Education:
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a associate's degree program or equivalent degree
in a field of study related to the job.Preferred Education:
- No additional educationMinimum Years of Work Experience:
- 3Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experienceMinimum Leadership Experience:
- NonePreferred Leadership Experience:
- Action Oriented
- Being Resilient
- Values Differences
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Manages Conflict
- ResourcefulnessPay Rate: -
Keywords: Home Depot, Tallahassee , Large Equipment Mobile Mechanic, Engineering , Panama City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!