PCB Board Design Engineer
Company: Softworld Inc
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Under limited supervision and with considerable latitude for independent contributions, this individual is responsible for the design and development of complex and advanced PCB layouts. The successful candidate is required to collaborate in developing and maintaining state-of-the-art PCB designs as well as aid in the evaluation of new technologies, methodologies and processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilize preliminary schematics, part lists, design goals, configuration options, impedance requirements and other early design information to determine material selection, stack-up requirements, placement options, design rules and routing/layer count feasibility.
- Participate in engineering design reviews, analyze design specifications and understand electrical/mechanical constraints to proactively determine design challenges, design feasibility and ensure cost effective designs.
- Run impedance calculations, perform crosstalk evaluations and participate in the evaluation and implementation of emerging design standards and technologies.
- Perform fan-outs, generate power planes, pre-route critical signals and utilize auto-router as needed to optimize work flow to complete design on schedule.
- Work closely with manufacturing facilities to ensure design meets DFx requirements.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of schematic symbols and component libraries.
- Collaborate and work with circuit designers, electrical engineers, manufacturing engineers and other co-workers as required.
- Assist other designers in the PCB Design Check process including verification of completed work, ensure dimensional accuracy and conformance to in-house design requirements.
- Assist with failure analysis and determination of corrective actions.
- Perform tasks necessary to realize individual, department and divisional objectives and deadlines.
- Review and implement design improvement techniques as directed by management.
- Candidate must have a Bachelors degree in Engineering with a degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred. Candidate should have 10+ years of applicable experience with a minimum of 5 to 7 years PCB design experience. Fewer years will be considered with an advanced degree.
- The position requires extensive experience in layout and routing of mid-to-high level PCB designs that include mixed signal architecture utilizing high-speed digital and analog circuits, impedance controlled differential pairs, switching and linear power supplies, matched length routing topologies
- In depth knowledge of the PCB fabrication process, the PCB assembly process as well as drafting standards and practices is necessary.
- Expert user of Mentor Graphics DxDesigner/Xpedition software tools is highly recommended.
- Experience using CAM350, Valor NPI are positives.
- provided by Dice Analog, Assembly, Digital, Engineering, Management, Manufacturing, Other, Placement, Router, Software, Technical
Keywords: Softworld Inc, Tallahassee , PCB Board Design Engineer, Engineering , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!