Engineer I, Service (Orlando, FL)
Company: Sysmex America Inc
Posted on: April 17, 2019
ENGINEER I, SERVICE (ORLANDO, FL)
Job Location(s) US-FL
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(3/25/2019 4:06 PM)
# of Openings
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your
knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best
professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives
with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way:
the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire,
Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality,
innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems,
we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale.
Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical
breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology,
workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Service Engineer I (SE
I). The SE I is an entry level Service Engineer position
responsible for servicing Sysmex product lines in an assigned
territory, with frequent travel within a specific geographic
district. The position may require support to other districts as
necessary. The SE I is a continuous learning position and is
expected to independently service the majority of Sysmex equipment
while rotating between classroom training and field mentoring. The
SE I works under close supervision of the District Service Manager,
SE III, SE Lead, and training group. This position is responsible
for ensuring and maximizing customer satisfaction with Sysmex
product lines through technical excellence and direct customer
communications. This position is also responsible for ensuring that
all units and systems continue to operate to specifications. This
is accomplished primarily by regular and complete scheduled
maintenance and repair services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install, maintain, and repair Sysmex instruments and systems,
* Identifying and analyzing instrument problems,
* Repairing to meet specifications,
* Escalating exceptional issues to minimize customer down-time.
* Performing pre-installation site surveys, installations,
scheduled maintenance, and approved modifications in accordance
with Sysmex policies.
* Scheduling modifications as indicated in the Technical Service
Bulletin (TSB) and Engineering Change Request (ECR) processes.
* Monitor and respond to communication devices during all scheduled
2. Support and provide ownership of technical issues at existing
3. Work cross-functionally with other Sysmex Associates
(SE/TC/HSAM/CAS) to ensure total customer resolution and maximize
very satisfied customer base.
4. Properly document all service related activities in a timely and
professional manner including inventory, service orders, expense
reports, and all other required records.
5. Perform duties within defined service standards, including but
not limited to on-time and within labor hour goals for scheduled
maintenance, demand service events, installations, and first-visit
6. Miscellaneous duties include:
* Maintain expenses within guidelines
* Maintain high level of customer account management and
* Maintain control of parts inventory and all company property
* Perform duties in such a manner as to develop confidence, promote
goodwill, and Maintain or improve credibility with regard to
quality of products and customer service
* Promote Sysmex America, Inc. as a leader in the diagnostic
* Promote effective, positive and productive communication and
teamwork between all Sysmex personnel.
7. Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
* Associates Degree required or 6 years equivalent experience in
electronics, laboratory/biomedical technology, or military
experience in a technical field. Bachelors Degree preferred.
* A valid driver s license as this role requires driving and
loading and unloading from the vehicle items such as tools,
equipment, parts and supplies.
* Direct experience with Sysmex Hematology instruments in a
service, applications, technical support, or other capacity would
* Prior field service or laboratory experience is preferred.
* Electronics, biomedical or laboratory science
* Completion of Sysmex-certified instrument training
* Excellent command of English, both verbal and written; second
language desirable (Spanish, French or Portuguese)
* General computer knowledge in a Windows environment is required.
Basic knowledge of LIS systems and interfacing principles
* Demonstrated ability to explain in simple and understandable
terms complex technical information associated with Sysmex
* Outstanding listening skills, patience and understanding
* Demonstrated presentation and influence skills
* Team orientation; demonstrated facilitation skills.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing..
Keywords: Sysmex America Inc, Tallahassee , Engineer I, Service (Orlando, FL), Engineering , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!