Senior Technical Support Engineer
Posted on: August 13, 2019
The Assurant Global Technology ETS Operations Sr. Tech Support
Engineers primary role is to provide With moderate direction, is
responsible for the administration and support of Distributed
Computing System(s), applying general business/industry knowledge.
Administers and operates the day to day server infrastructure
including, system monitoring, testing, implementation, and
documentation of technology solutionsPrimary Job
- The Sr. Tech Support Engineer will provide expert level
technical support and in-depth root cause analysis to be focused on
the resolution of incidents and problems within the
- The Sr. Tech Support Engineer will focus on proactive support
activates, such as participating in vendor driven risk assessments,
completing preventative maintenance and performance tuning
- The Sr. Tech Support Engineer will provide escalation level
support for area where they are a Subject Matter Expert and will
work to cross-train peers in their areas of expertise.
- In addition to the above, the Sr. Tech Support Engineer will
have the following responsibilities :Complete advanced
administration, in the planning, coordination, scripting, and
implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to distributed
systems within the enterprise. Develop, test and implement
technical procedures and supporting documentation to maintain or
expand service levels. Evaluate products, services,
applications/tools, software, and industry developments for
potential business impact Participate in medium to large business
projects; lead small to medium infrastructure projects Performs
system maintenance as assigned on Distributed Computing System(s)
or its related components. Provides level of support for problem
resolution both internally and externally Participates in 24 x 7
on-call rotation. Work non-core hours, weekends and holidays as
needed. Travel as needed to support business objectives
Responsibility for work of others. Provides mentoring (guidance,
assistance, and training) across all of Global Technology. Also,
plays a leadership role across all of Global Technology.Financial
Responsibility Plays a minor role in budget process, providing
input on budget items related to proactive services and
Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and KnowledgeOther
RequirementsBasic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and
- Completion of Bachelors degree in MIS, CS, Technical
Certification and/or 4 8 years of increasingly responsible
- Requires excellent demonstrated oral, written, interpersonal,
and communication skills
- Requires in-depth knowledge of server technologies employed;
hardware, O/S, and related tools and applications.
- Requires basic knowledge of networking components and services
such as TCP/IP protocols, DHCP and DNS technologies, and LAN/WAN
topologies and transports.
- Requires basic knowledge of Fiber Channel based SAN
- Requires advanced technical diagnostic and research
- Requires strong customer service orientation, proven
dependability, promptness, and a solid attendance history.
- Produces clear and comprehensive technical practices and
- Provides training and answers questions for technical and
non-technical staff. This position requires incumbents to regularly
sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a
computer and phone. Employee is occasionally required to stand and
walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability
to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Other Requirements
- Expert Level knowledge of core Windows Operating System
- Expert Level knowledge of Active Directory Operations and
- Proficiency with a subset of the following Microsoft
- Microsoft Virtualization/Cloud Technologies
- Hyper-V Server (Core Installation)
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Azure Site Recovery/Hyper-V Replication
- Microsoft Failover Clustering
- Microsoft File Services (DFS-R, SMB/CIFs)
- Performance Analysis & Advanced Troubleshooting.
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco UCS infrastructure and
- Proficiency with VMware virtualization technologies
- Proficiency with performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Strong problem management skills, familiarity with ITIL Problem
- Requires a general knowledge of the business environment.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Relevant industry certifications (Microsoft, VMware,
- A functional knowledge of PowerShell with the ability to create
scripts of moderate complexity (Function Creation, Workflows, Logic
Gates, Error Handling, Input Validation, Logging)
- Familiarity with IBM BigFix (Tivoli End Point Manager) and the
- Experience with Microsoft Terminal Server, Citrix Technologies
and or Dell vWorkspace.
Keywords: Assurant, Tallahassee , Senior Technical Support Engineer, Engineering , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!