Project Manager- Structured Cabling
Company: Black Box Network Services
Posted on: May 16, 2020
The Project Manager will achieve operational efficiency and
effectiveness of program management through full end-to-end design
and delivery across multiple industries. The PM will perform
day-to-day project management work activities using NACS PMO
standards, processes, methodologies and systems; and utilize
structured and disciplined practices to ensure project management
activities are consistent with company initiatives and expectations
and achieve high quality, professional client service delivery. The
PM will monitor and meet financial targets inclusive of annual
budget, gross profit and related financial metrics within area of
responsibility; and ensure project management activities meet
corporate customer satisfaction objectives as well as internal and
external SLAs. The PM will work collaboratively across all levels
and departments of the organization and ensure a seamless
transition of work activities to execute operations functions.
Healthcare vertical and construction experience a plus.
* Execute NACS PMO standards, processes and methodologies in a
consistent manner for project planning and execution activities
including the following:
* Project planning fundamentals: initiating, planning, estimating,
resourcing, scheduling and budgeting
* Project control fundamentals: monitoring, anticipating potential
problems, identifying project conflicts, taking corrective action,
resolving issues, managing scope, schedule, cost, profit and
budget, project reporting, quality review and assurance.
* Relationship management fundamentals: client relationship
management; project team management; and overall change
* Assist in proposal development and contract and subcontract
negotiations with the sales and legal teams.
* Create documents and coordinate with the legal team for contracts
associated with Master Schedule of Services Agreements, Statements
of Work, Software Licensing agreements, and post-installation
support and maintenance.
* Prepare Project Roadmap with concurrence of all participating
organizations and negotiate agreement with the customer, including
identification of work and organizational breakdown structures,
requirements creation and management, cost and material estimates,
milestone payment schedule, risk and communication management
* Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and
schedules, identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as
allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
* Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from
technical, professional, or administrative areas.
* Manage the delivery and execution of projects through a balance
of best-in-class and pragmatic project methodologies and practices
that achieve KPIs and meet or exceed business results, client
satisfaction and SLAs.
* Act as primary customer contact for project activities, leading
project review sessions with clients to discuss cost, schedule, and
technical performance. Conduct recurring customer reviews
addressing costs, schedules, risks and customer considerations.
* Develop new business or expand the product line with the client
as applicable. Manage customer enhancement programs including all
bid and schedule estimates and management approval activities.
* Issue and communicate program status to leadership, steering
committee and other stakeholders as appropriate.
* Manage project issues/risks in a timely manner, escalating when
* Foster collaborative working relationships within NACS operations
and across all levels and departments of the organization to
execute project management activities and company priorities.
* Promote continuous growth of project management practices within
the PMO and organization to achieve client and organizational
* Achieve performance targets established by leadership for
applicable Key Performance Indicators.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Business or related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
* PMP, Six Sigma, Agile, SCRUM or related certifications
* Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience within the
technology services industry.
* Experience managing projects within Hospital environments
* 5+ years managing Cable/Infrastructure projects.
* Ability to read and gather data from Telecom Floorplans
* Excellent service philosophy and understanding the challenges in
providing superior customer experience at a national level while
* Superior collaboration and communication skills: team building,
conflict resolution, stakeholder management, risk management,
product management, negotiation & decision making.
* Ability to work effectively across many internal functional
groups to optimize product offerings, create a seamless internal
and external customer experience and resolve issues.
* Proven ability to continuously expand and leverage knowledge of
market and industry trends and translating to recommending and
implementing process and efficiency improvements.
* End-to-end process thinker, with proven experience in leading
change within an organization and understands how change affects
employees and utilizes strategies to reduce risk to the
* Strong experience handling employee issues and making sound
judgment decisions in this area.
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook,
SharePoint, MS Project, PPM tools, ERP, Salesforce.com, workforce
management and cloud based technology systems.
* Able and willing to travel up to 20%.
What s in it for You*
Black Box Network Services offers a competitive total rewards
benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision
coverage, in addition to a wide variety of additional benefits like
a 401K, life insurance, employee assistance programs, fitness
reimbursements, identity theft protection, education/scholarship
programs and more!
We understand attracting great talent requires going beyond just
competitive compensation and benefits. Black Box provides
challenging work that creates advancement opportunities within the
organization for those demonstrating desire and aptitude through
their achievements. We have no shortage of opportunities. If you
are looking for a business that allows for individual reward and
growth, we are the place for you!
About Black Box Network Services
Black Box Network Services is a leading technology solutions
provider dedicated to helping customers design, deploy and manage
their IT infrastructure. We deliver high-value products and
services through our global presence and 2,500 team members. Black
Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Federal,
State and Local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against
individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex,
sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status,
and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit,
hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available
Keywords: Black Box Network Services, Tallahassee , Project Manager- Structured Cabling, Executive , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!