GSA - Project Manager
Company: TechNix LLC
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Position: Project Manager
Location: Tallahassee FL
Duration: 1 Year
Resource Experience Preferred:
- Fifteen years of working project management experience with
multi-year, high profile Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
solutions and/or supporting commercial off-the-shelf software
- Five years working experience in one or multiple Information
Technology areas and business work experience with a broad range of
exposure to various business segments
- Experience managing team(s) responsible for strategic planning,
business development or client management and working with a broad
range of diverse and complicated business units.
- Preferred experience in a project management capacity in
implementing commercial off-theshelf solutions for the development
and delivery of a capital plan of projects.
- Preferred experience managing the implementation of commercial
off-the-shelf software solutions in a governmental agency.
- Preferred experience actively managing a major Information
Technology project through Define, Design, and Implementation (DDI)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and
organizational planning, coordination, and execution
- Knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and
industry best practices
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of software development and
implementation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions
- Knowledge of State of Florida procurement and contract
- Knowledge of administrative services program areas such as
accounting, budgeting, planning, purchasing or personnel
- Knowledge of procurement best practices with commercial
- Skill in drafting documents to support a budget request through
the annual legislative budget process
- Skill in coordinating with Independent Verification and
Validation (IV&V) function to meet all project reporting and
oversight requirements set forth in 60GG-1. F.A.C
- Skill in managing communications to stakeholders
- Skill in interpreting and communicating technical information
both verbally and in writing
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office Products, to include Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneNote, and SharePoint
- Skill in project management techniques for financial and/or
capital project management projects
- Skill in the development of performance measures
- Skill in defining roles to accomplish segments of project
- Skill in developing project spending forecasts and trends
- Skill in maintaining positive relationships with project
- Ability to lead large, multi-year, high priority, high profile
- Ability to manage a complex project schedule
- Ability to draft and maintain documents for a Project
- Ability to apply creative thinking and innovative solutions to
complex technical/business problems
- Ability to anticipate future consequences and trends and create
strategies and plans
- Ability to determine work priorities, assign work, and ensure
proper completion of work assignments
- Ability to complete projects on time and within budget
- Ability to facilitate successful work sessions and meetings,
both remote and in-person
- Ability to manage the resources of a Project Management Office
to accomplish project goals and objectives
- Ability to analyze data, identify problem areas, make
improvement recommendations, and implement approved
- Ability to review projects, processes and data to quickly
identify problem areas
- Ability to be open, collaborative, and supportive of our
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations,
policies and procedures
The submitted candidate must also be able to apply common
knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Communication: Has the ability to clearly convey information,
in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a
wide variety of settings (i.e., project team meetings, management
presentations, Legislative briefing documents, etc.). Must have the
ability to effectively listen and process information provided by
- Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e.,
business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the
needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy
expectations or resolve a problem.
- Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective
- Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process
improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in
response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected
obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism and
maintain effective work relationships with others.
- Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and
politeness to others.
- Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is
able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
- Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound
judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make
recommendations as accordingly.
- Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward
accomplishing the common goal.
- Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and
tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the
ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with the Project
Management Institute (PMI) is required.
- Project Execution - Lead and manage the Work Program
Integration Initiative (WPII) project as outlined in the Project
Management Plan (PMP) and as directed by the WPII Executive Project
Sponsor and Management Steering Team. Is accountable for the
planning, resource recommendations (to include definition of
project roles and matching roles to project activities, and
staffing suggestions), and coordinate the execution of all project
activities and deliverables to achieve the project's strategic
vision and business outcomes. Develop project performance measures
and assess performance of all tracks against those pre-established
measures, including technical, business process, organizational
change management, project management, and support tracks.
- Development of Project Standards - Develop the approach for
drafting the WPII project's operating standards, including the
overall PMP and other supporting plans, such as the requirements
management plan, reporting strategy, data architecture and
conversion strategy, communication plan, technical architecture
strategy, and interface and integration strategy. The project
management approach must be based on the Project Management
Institute's (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK--
Guide) Sixth Edition and comply with Department of Management
Services (DMS) Rules 60GG-1.001 through 60GG-1.008, F.A.C.
Facilitate work sessions to review standards and plans with the
project governance team and required stakeholders. Ensure inclusion
and maintenance of the content in the PMP and all appropriate track
- Maintenance of Project Standards - Ensure the PMP, and all
supporting plans, have the relevant project management content for
the WPII project and are reviewed and updated as part of the
initiation of each major WPII project phase and as required to
maintain their accuracy. The project management approach must be
based on the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body
of Knowledge Sixth Edition and comply with Department of Management
Services (DMS) Rules 60GG-1.001 through 60GG-1.008, F.A.C.
Facilitate the review of recommended modifications with the
established project governance team, and obtain the required
approvals for all changes.
- Status Reporting - Prepare written reports and verbal
communications on current project status, including progress
towards planned project activities and milestones, issues, and
risks. Communicate status to the WPII project's leadership team,
Department of Management Services, Legislature, and the Executive
Office of the Governor. Communicate concerns relating to staffing,
financial, or other areas affecting the project scope, budget, and
timeline to the attention of the WPII governance team.
- Resource Management - Recommend WPII project role definitions
and assignment of responsibilities for all major project activities
based on industry best practices and WPII strategic objectives.
Maintain project organization and staffing charts throughout the
project and facilitate the review of resourcing recommendations
with the established project governance team.
- Schedule Management - Manage the planning and scheduling of
project activities, resources, timelines, and milestones using
appropriate tools. Identify and manage resource allocation levels,
project dependencies, critical path, and phase gates. Perform
oversight to validate the WPII project is delivered on-time, within
scope, and within budget.
- Risks and Issues Management - Implement and manage the Risks,
Action Plans, Issues, and Decisions (RAID) Log process, recommend
and document action plans for project risk response and issue
resolution. Educate the WPII project team on RAID responsibilities
and monitoring techniques..... click apply for full job
Keywords: TechNix LLC, Tallahassee , GSA - Project Manager, Executive , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!