FDC-REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS-70015665-REGION I, MARIANNA, FLORIDA
Company: State of Florida
Location: Panama City
Posted on: February 25, 2021
FDC-REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS-70015665-REGION
I, MARIANNA, FLORIDA The State Personnel System is an E-Verify
employer. For more information click on our E-Verify website .
Requisition No:--315821-- Agency: Department of Corrections Working
Title: FDC-REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY
CORRECTIONS-70015665-REGION I, MARIANNA, FLORIDA Position
Number:--70015665-- Salary: $110,000.02 Annually-- Posting Closing
Date: 02/24/2021-- ***OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT*** Regional
Director of Community Corrections - 70015665 This advertisement is
for an SMS (Senior Management Service) position located in Region I
in Marianna, Florida SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH
CURRENT PAY POLICY. EMPLOYEES ARE NORMALLY HIRED AT THE APPOINTMENT
RATE. Salary Rate: $110,000.02 SPECIFIC DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Regional Director of Community Corrections
will be responsible for duties including but not limited to the
- Exercise direct-line authority over their assigned Circuit
Administrators and other staff as assigned to the Regional
- Provide direction in the implementation of new innovative
programs and policies.
- Enforce community corrections' mission by making every
reasonable effort to ensure that all offenders within her/his
respective region, placed on, or released to, community supervision
receive the appropriate level of supervision and services needed in
order to protect the public and increase the offenders chance at
succeeding while on supervision.
- Ensure that each circuit is cooperating with institutional
release staff members, community transition specialists and other
circuits and regions in order to address sex offender releases
without residence plans and respond to requests received for
emergency release residential plans.
- Ensure that each circuit is using available incentives to
encourage offenders to comply with conditions of supervision
including early terminations, reduced reporting and placement on
administrative probation or regular probation from community
- Provides direction, planning and coordination of the delivery
of community corrections' services consisting of probation and
parole services and statutory programs such as community control,
electronic monitoring, pre-trial intervention, post release
supervision, interstate compact services, treatment services,
community public service work and fiscal and financial collections
of statutory and court ordered obligations under the community
- Monitor intake functions within the region to ensure they are
consistent with established intake procedures and make every
reasonable effort to ensure that all offenders sentenced, released
or received for supervision or investigation are processed
- Implement Departmental rules and procedures related to
probation and parole, ensure staff members are provided training
regarding Department procedures and rules, and conduct reviews of
staff members compliance with rules and procedures.
- Receive, respond and comply with subpoenas, court orders,
summons and administrative orders on behalf of the Department,
ensure that each circuit is reviewing and disseminating to staff
members, administrative orders, instructions regarding technical
violation notification letters or other requests received from
- Assist in collection and review of documentation required for
American Correctional Association (ACA).
- Assist in operational review process as required and if
standards are found in non-compliance, review and approve
correction action plan submitted and follow up to ensure
improvement in that area.
- Ensure staff members receive the mandatory training required on
an annual basis and monitor instructor certifications, providing
direct oversight to assigned Regional Training Coordinators and
Regional Training Supervisors, if assigned.
- Serve on workgroups, committees and/or task forces as assigned
by the Assistant Secretary of Community Corrections.
- Assists with ensuring members within the region understand the
importance of their role in re-entry and the impact each staff
member can have on offender's success rates.
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and
organizational planning, coordination and execution. This may
include strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower modeling,
leadership techniques and production methods.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents,
government regulations, executive orders, agency rules and the
democratic political process.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in personnel/human
- Skills in coaching, motivating, developing and directing
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
- Ability to provide instruction as a trainer, give impromptu
presentations, and give presentations as directed by the Assistant
- Ability to analyze indicators of system performance and
evaluate their accuracy. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to obtain a Correctional Probation Officer
certification in accordance with Florida Statute 943.13.
- Possess a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited
college or university.
- Possess a General Instructor certification from FDLE CJSTC or
obtain it within the first twelve (12) months of employment in the
- Must have fifteen (15) years of corrections experience with
five (5) of the fifteen (15) years in middle management with
oversight and decision-making responsibilities for staff and
operations. i.e. Bureau Chief, Circuit Administrator, or higher.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated
on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in
the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated
qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and
experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume
through the People First system. If you experience problems
applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at
1-877-562-7287. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the
closing date. The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate
discrimination or violence in the workplace. Candidates requiring a
reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or
People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the
hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time
to provide the accommodation. The State of Florida supports a
Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable
suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S.,
Drug-Free Workplace Act. For assistance, call the People First
Service Center at (877) 562-7287 Monday - Friday,
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Eastern time
Keywords: State of Florida, Tallahassee , FDC-REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS-70015665-REGION I, MARIANNA, FLORIDA, Executive , Panama City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!