Company: American Association on Intellectual and Developme
Posted on: February 25, 2021
President and Chief Executive Officer ( The Arc of Florida)
Company: The Arc of Florida President, Chief Executive Officer
The Arc of Florida --is an organization founded in 1957 with over
30 statewide Chapters serving people with diverse disabilities.
Working with local, state and national partners, The Arc of Florida
advocates for public policies and high quality supports for
individuals with diverse disabilities to be fully included in all
aspects of their community. As the most recognized, trusted and
comprehensive resource for people with diverse disabilities, The
Arc of Florida connects individuals, families, service providers
and state leaders to ensure that all people have the same
opportunities for education, work, recreation and lifelong services
and live as valued members of the community.
The President, Chief Executive Officer, CEO, is the administrative
agent to manage and direct the day to day activities of the
corporation. The CEO is responsible to the Board of Directors for
the implementation of policies and programs approved by the Board
of Directors, the ultimate purpose of which is to improve the
general welfare of all persons with diverse disabilities. The CEO
will represent the agency as its President, Chief Executive Officer
in all dealings with other organizations, individuals, and the
general public. The CEO shall act as the lead liaison to all Arc
Florida affiliates, federal, state, and regional agencies that plan
for, and/or budget, or make rules for supports and services for
persons with diverse disabilities. The CEO is responsible for the
day to day operations and performance of the organization and
implementing the organization's Strategic Plan.
- Implement The Arc of Florida legislative agenda and improve the
state's funding environment for organizations that serve people
with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Serve as staff liaison to support all committees of The Arc of
- --Lead the implementation of The Arc of Florida Strategic Plan.
- The CEO will fiercely advocate for people with diverse
disabilities, their families, local Arc chapters, public policies
and high quality supports for people with diverse disabilities to
be fully included in all aspects of their community.
- Develop and nurture a strong self-advocates program and
participation and leadership at state and local level.
- Develop and nurture strong family involvement and leadership at
- Develop and maintain a robust statewide advocacy information
and referral service.
- Promote The Arc of Florida as the most recognized, trusted and
comprehensive resource for people with diverse disabilities.
Chapter Development and Support
- Strengthen training, technical assistance and support to
existing chapters while increasing chapter membership by supporting
new chapter development.
- Develop and maintain materials and policies for local chapters
which can be accessed on website.
- Develop relationships with local board members and CEO's /
- Engage families and volunteers in statewide activities and
meetings. Board Relations and Communications
- Assist the board by maintaining and promoting the vision and
mission of the organization and in achieving goals and objectives
of the Strategic Framework.
- Initiate and assist in recommending developing policies,
procedures and plans.
- Involve each board member at an optimum level and stimulate
each to reach highest potential as a board member.
- Assist with the planning and adoption of annual legislative
- Participate and coordinate efforts and activities between the
Governmental Affairs and Marketing Committees for Messaging.
- Provide oversight and direction to the Governmental Affairs
Consultant and communicate activities and progress to the
- --Develop working relationships with legislators and key state
department personnel. Public Relations and Communications
- Participate on the Marketing committee for the implementation
of effective branding, messaging, external communications, and
press and media releases.
- Work with staff to maintains website with current information
for self-advocates, families, affiliates and volunteers.
- Provide input and supervision to the Marketing/Branding
consultant in collaboration with Marketing committee. Personnel,
Services and Programs
- Develop and administer board approved personnel policies.
- Develop opportunities for staff training and recognition.
- Identify and cultivate partnerships and collaborate with local
and state organizations for mutual program benefits.
- Sustain and expand the financial strength of the organization
through revenue-generating activities.
- --Provide leadership in developing organizational and financial
plans and budgets to effectively operate and meet the goals and
objections approved by the board of directors.
- --Maintain fiscal responsibility for the annual budget, provide
timely monthly financials statements to the executive committee and
report any work with the CPA to produce annual audit.
- Ensure legal compliance and financial accountability for all
contracts. Qualifications and Skills
- Sincere long-term commitment to the organization.
- Excellent public speaking and ability to connect with people in
order to convey the organization's mission and strategic future to
the board, chapter affiliates, legislators, family members and
- Experience in the sector of intellectual and developmental
- A passion for people with intellectual and developmental
- Experience with the legislative process strongly
- Considerable knowledge of diverse disabilities issues as well
as all implementing and interpreting State policies and
procedures/Administrative Code Rules/other requirements.
- Demonstrate initiative, creatively and follow-through.
- Ability to multi-task and be in control of numerous tasks at
any one time.
- Strong sense of organization and planning.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and humor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional demeanor and presentation.
- Integrity and an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong verbal, written communication and listening skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%). Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a
related field of study.
- Master's Degree or higher degree preferred.
- Five or more years of executive leadership experience,
preferably in the field of intellectual and other developmental
- Competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Employer-sponsored health insurance
- --Employer-paid life insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick leave (PTO) Statement of
Non-Discrimination The Arc of Florida is an Equal Opportunity
Institution and EEO/Affirmative Action Employer committed to
excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the
basis of qualifications and without regard to race, sex, national
or ethnic origin, disability, or age.
Submit cover letter and resume to Mike English, The Moran Company.
APPLY NOW American Association on Intellectual and Developmental
8403 Colesville Road, Suite 900
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Keywords: American Association on Intellectual and Developme, Tallahassee , CEO, Executive , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!