Director, Surgical Services
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: April 8, 2021
work Full-time assignment_ind No Weekends star_rate New
Category: Directors and Managers --- Job ID: 00355-11891 HCA
Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000
people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to
creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that
exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables
caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives
colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most
importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to
something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and
more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What
matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving
people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to
raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare
everywhere. We offer an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
student loan repayment program, employee discount program and
employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity. Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center,
located in Panama City, Florida, is a 223-bed acute care hospital.
We have proudly served Bay County and the surrounding communities
for over 40 years. As a fully accredited healthcare facility, we
strive to provide the latest in the state-of-the-art technologies
and best practices for our community. With more than 1,200
employees and 600 physicians, our number one priority is to exceed
our patients' expectations with the highest quality and most
The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the
perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while
effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has
24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the
service and implements solutions with follow through and
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital
wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to
those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.-- People
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique
of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents
their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and
industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver
upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient roundingIdentifies and
mentor potential future leaders Quality
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops
processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical
services program which assures quality patient care consistent with
the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital
policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates
critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department's operational excellence by ensuring
delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable
policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting Finance
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements
which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures
proper utilization of organization's financial resources. Growth
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients,
staff, and payers in the community they serve Community
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures
others and commands respect within the organization and the
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
Supports HCA by:
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance
the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
"Mission and Value Statement"
- Performing other duties as assigned
#LI-KN1 surgicalservicesleadership Qualifications Education &
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the
state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred -- If you
find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We
promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you
will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so
apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking-- here . For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
1. Get job notifications based
on your interests HCA Healthcare
One Park Plaza
Nashville, TN 37203 Copyright 1999-2020 C-HCA, Inc.; All rights
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Tallahassee , Director, Surgical Services, Executive , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!