Care Manager II (RN)
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Description:Position Purpose: Perform care management duties to
assess, plan and coordinate all aspects of medical and supporting
services across the continuum of care for select members to promote
quality, cost effective care. The opportunity will be remote but
must reside in Leon county.
- Pre-Admission Counseling Contacts patients with upcoming
hospital admissions and discusses expectations.
- Assesses patient's condition to understand illness or injury
and evaluate ability to follow treatment plan.
- Advises patients of probable length of stay and helps
anticipate and arrange for services at discharge.
- Admission Care Works with physicians and hospitals to enforce
treatment plans and orders. Ensures patient receives specialty care
and tests as ordered.
- Contacts medical team members to discuss patient's course of
progress and needs.
- Arranges for and coordinates health care team services,
avoiding duplication and conserving benefit dollars.
- Evaluates need for and authorizes equipment, supplies, and
- Identifies problems and acts to anticipate and avoid
- Instructs patient and family in proper care and refers patient
back to physician or other health care team members as needed.
- Identifies plateaus, improvements, regressions and depressions,
and counsels accordingly.
- Coordinator of Care Conducts hospital visits.
- Confers with physician to clarify diagnosis, prognosis,
therapies, daily living activities, and to share information.
- Authorizes recommended modalities of treatment.
- Investigates and suggests alternatives appropriately. Documents
case summary in Transitional Care Plan and shares appropriately
with beneficiaries and providers.
- Facilitates beneficiary transfers among regions and
collaborates with military liaison to minimize disruption care or
- Coordinates basic benefit.
- Identifies and submits modifications, requests for exceptions
or special programs as warranted.
- Coordination of Financial Services Assesses patient's benefit
plan coverage and limitations.
- Negotiates cost-effective rates for provider services by
contacting multiple providers and comparing specialty item costs,
researching and identifying required equipment, and pursuing
- Suggests medically appropriate alternatives that accomplish
treatment plan goals more cost effectively.
- Post Discharge Follow-up Contacts patients within 48 hours of
discharge to ensure sufficient support for full recovery.
- Ensures proper receipt of equipment, home health and other
- Assesses compliance with medications and follow-up
appointments. Assists patient in coordinating transportation and
other basic needs, and in navigating the health care system
effectively.Skills:Case Manager, RN, Registered Nurse, Microsoft
OfficeTop Skills Details:Case Management, can be insurance Navigate
documentation systems 2 years of hospital experienceAdditional
Skills & Qualifications:Education/Experience: Graduate from an
Accredited School of Nursing. Bachelors degree in Nursing
preferred. 2+ years of clinical nursing experience in a clinical,
acute care, or community setting and 1+ years of case management
experience in a managed care setting. Knowledge of utilization
management principles and healthcare managed care. Experience with
medical decision support tools (i.e. Interqual, NCCN) and
government sponsored managed care programs.Licenses/Certifications:
Current states RN license. About Aerotek:We know that a company's
success starts with its employees. We also know that an
individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a
Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Tallahassee , Care Manager II (RN), Executive , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!