Company: Habitat For Humanity International
Location: Panama City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Executive Director provides overall managerial leadership to
the affiliate in accordance with the directives, policies and
objectives set by the affiliate board of directors. The Executive
Director accepts the covenant of Habitat for Humanity and is a
leading advocate of the affiliate in regard to fulfilling the
mission and vision statements. The Executive Director is a
nonvoting, ex-officio member of the board of directors.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years experience in
not-for-profit management or other relevant management
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and willingness
to travel are required.
- Required to pass a background check.
- Cannot be a registered sex offender or have a felony
- Must be able to articulate the organization's mission, values
- Must be organized, able to meet deadlines, and able to manage
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with diverse
groups of people.
- Must maintain a working knowledge of significant developments
and trends in the field, including training provided by
HFHI.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General Administration
- Act as the chief administrator responsible for managing all
aspects of affiliate operations.
- Manage the affiliate office by directing, training,
supervising, and recognizing the paid and volunteer staff in the
performance of assigned duties.
- Establish office procedures, guidelines and performance
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates staff
- Ensure communication of relevant issues flows among all
- Ensure the affiliate adheres to government regulations and HFH
International policies.Financial Management
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of sound
- Interact with the finance committee to ensure completion of
audits and other financial activities.
- Maintain confidential employee and Partner Family applicant
records for the affiliate and it's subsidiaries.
- Work with the staff, Executive Committee, and board in
preparing a yearly budget. Ensure that the affiliate operates
within budget guidelines.
- Responsible for homeowner mortgage payment issues (delinquent
payments, foreclosures, etc).
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the
organization to carry out its mission.
- Monitor the administrative cost to total cost ratio and act to
ensure the ratio is kept at a level consistent with local and HFHI
guidelines.Committee support and guidance
- Assist the committee chairs and provide communication flow
among committees, staff, volunteers, and the board as
- Monitor the progress of all committees and support their
- As appropriate, attend committee meetings and assist committee
members in completing their duties.Board Support
- Work with Board President to prepare an agenda for board
- Assist the board of directors in making fundamental decisions,
preparing strategic plans and creating/maintaining policies.
- Work with the board to establish which decisions the board
wants to be consulted for and which decisions should be left to
staff and committees. Community Relations and Resource Development
- Serve as spokesperson for the affiliate.
- Actively participate with appropriate community groups which
share the goals of HFH.
- Establish and nurture good media relationships.
- Ensure that the activities of the affiliate, its programs and
goals are publicized.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative
arrangements with volunteers, home sponsors, partner families,
community groups and other organizations.
- Seek, apply and oversee grants.Send Resumes and cover letters
Habitat for Humanity , founded in 1976, is a global,
Christian-based nonprofit organization that grew out of an
intentionally multi-racial community in rural Georgia. Seeking to
put God's love into action, Habitat brings together people of all
faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope.
Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals
build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength,
stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for
themselves. Habitat--seeks individuals who have a willingness to
affirm these principles and values. Habitat for Humanity
International is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ
and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a
manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person
because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age,
national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation,
veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by law. All rights reserved. "Habitat for
Humanity--" is a registered service mark owned by Habitat for
Humanity International. Habitat-- is a service mark of Habitat for
Humanity International. Habitat for Humanity-- International is a
tax-exempt 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization. Your gift is
tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Keywords: Habitat For Humanity International, Tallahassee , Executive Director, Executive , Panama City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!