Nurse Manager Emergency Room HCA Inc - Tallahassee, FL
Company: HCA Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2022
SHIFT: No Weekends
Capital Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is a fully-accredited
healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500
physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7
Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a
Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. We also offer
a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest
Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center,
Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy
Services, Senior First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical
Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated
Physician Practices, and more.
Nurse Manager -Emergency Room
To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients
within the Department. To advise the Department Director regarding
the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality
improvement processes. To anticipate and estimate future needs of
the Department to improve quality of patient care. Collaborate and
coordinate the efforts of the staff of the Department to accomplish
the mission of CRMC. This position provides direct supervision of
ED Charge Nurse, EMS Coordinator and Clinical Educator toward
managing daily departmental operations.
- Develops and administers unit specific services as
- Promotes a multidisciplinary coordination of services, such as,
nursing medical, respiratory care, laboratory, pharmaceutical and
- Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing, and
managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive
manner for the operation are of the nursing unit.
- Administers and appraises Quality Improvement within the
- Works with director on the hiring, evaluating, terminating,
counseling, coaching and development of staff.
- Manages the practice of professional nursing and support
positions within the unit to maintain quality patient care through
implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
- Works with director to develop, interpret, inspect and review
policies and procedures within the services provided.
- Gives input to Director on Disaster Preparedness policies and
procedures for the organization.
- Responsible for twenty four-hour coverage and problem
resolution to the services provided.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses
system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which
results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Promotes patient, employee and physician satisfaction within
- Assist with Performance Improvement monitoring.
- As a crisis prevention intervention trained staff member,
responds appropriately to a manpower request (a.k.a. Code
- Manages patient flow of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
A. Core Competencies:
Service: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds
to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for
unreasonable patient/customer expectations
Quality/Ethics/Integrity: Seeks opportunities for improvement;
prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to
detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to
company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of
Relationships: Builds effective working relationships; finds and
provides information to clarify situations; expands on original
ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team
members' goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly
explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to
differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and
Adaptability: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes;
actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change
and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal
growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies
behavior to deal effectively with change
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing required or actively enrolled in
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS- AHA Healthcare Provider required
- ACLS required
- PALS required
- TNCC preferred
- ENPC preferred
- CEN preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 5 or more years experience as a RN in Emergency Room nursing
- 3 years experience in emergency room with proven clinical and
leadership abilities preferred
- Management experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task varying job accountabilities
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of teaching the adult learner
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they
need. At Capital Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of
medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on
perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and
your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook,
Word, and Excel
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
To learn more about the facility, please visit
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA Inc, Tallahassee , Nurse Manager Emergency Room HCA Inc - Tallahassee, FL, Executive , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!