RN / Nurse Manager / Florida / Permanent / Nursing Director of Behavioral Health Job
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7
Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a
Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also
include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer
Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center,
Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical
Therapy Services, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services,
Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Nursing Director of Behavioral Health POSITION SUMMARY:The Nursing
Director is responsible for the 24 hour, seven day a week functions
of nursing within the Behavioral Health service line (to include ED
and Unit Intake processes). Administers plans and evaluates the
activities of the department(s) to ensure quality patient care.
Develops goals, policies and procedures, prepares and submits
operating and capital budgets, participates in multidisciplinary QI
teams, consults with staff, physicians and other departments as
needed. Manages staffing patterns with the assistance of Nurse
Managers, Charge Nurses and the House Supervisors on a
shift-to-shift basis. Follows policies and procedures of Capital
Regional Medical Center. Participates in the Quality Improvement
process and adheres to FWBMC standards of behavior. Other duties
and responsibilities as assigned by Program Director. ESSENTIAL
- Directs development of specific short and long-range programs
and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of Behavioral
Health Department activities, the operational efficiency and
effectiveness as well as major impact on all other hospital
- Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of
personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring
practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices
- Provides direction to the staff and supervisors of the
Behavioral Health Department. Reviews performance of the department
staff and approves staff evaluations. Responsible for appropriate
disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources
to ensure the attainment of facility goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to
all applicable federal, state, JCAHO, and local regulatory agency
requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities success
in any regulatory survey.
- Participates on various committees and other task forces as may
be established by management to plan, organize and drive the
- Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews
on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and
administrative matters, which have hospital-wide impact.
- Responsible for making decisions required to maintain
acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies.
Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most
appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
- Confers with other department directors when necessary to
resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department
responsibilities, objectives and resolving identified
- Directs, reviews and analyzes progress and performance of
contract services personnel. Makes recommendation on contract
initiation, renewals and termination.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by the
Administrative Management Team. Meets all objectives as set forth
in individual evaluation and displays a good work attitude towards
- Adheres to hospital/departmental attendance policy, work hours
and maintenance of personal appearance as stated in facility
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without comprising patient
safety, quality of care or the services delivered.Qualifications
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- 4 year Bachelors Degree required
- Masters Degree preferred
- Masters Degree in Psychiatric or Mental Health Nursing or
closely related field is preferred LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
- Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license
- BLS-American Heart Association BLS Provider issued card
required EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 3-5 years of Nursing Experience required and 1-2 years of
progressive management experience in acute care or psychiatric
facility. Your benefits include: 401k Paid Time OffMedical, dental,
flex spending, life, disability benefits
Keywords: HCA., Tallahassee , RN / Nurse Manager / Florida / Permanent / Nursing Director of Behavioral Health Job, Executive , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!