Information Security Manager (OLITS)
Company: State of Florida
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
The State Personnel System is an E-Verify employer. For more
information click on our -E-Verify Website .Requisition No: -792625
-Agency: Florida LegislatureWorking Title: Information Security
Manager (OLITS)Position Number: -99999 -Posting Closing Date:
06/30/2023 - Do not click the Apply button . -Applications are
available - Here . General Summary The Florida Legislature, Office
of Legislative Information Technology Services (OLITS), is seeking
an Information Security Manager (ISM). This position will report to
the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and will focus on protecting
and securing the network, data, servers, technology components, and
applications supported by the OLITS. This position requires a
strong technical background in application and/or network services
and technologies; experience in the creation and enforcement of
technology standards or policies; and experience with monitoring
for and responding to security events.
- Develop and maintain an information security plan, with
emphasis on resiliency, recovery, and restoration of services, in
support of the continuity of operations.
- Lead security incident response activities and participate in
the full incident response lifecycle plan.
- Lead and/or participate in efforts to upgrade existing systems
to meet evolving needs, including direction for the specification,
purchase, and deployment of new security components, systems,
- Monitor, manage, and evaluate emerging threats and establish
guidelines for response; including recommendations on remediation
strategies/solutions for vulnerabilities.
- Continuous review, monitoring, and reporting on the current
technology landscape and services, with an eye on potential gaps or
weaknesses, and create remediation plans as needed.
- Review new security technologies, tools, and services, and make
recommendations to the CIO for use based on security, financial,
and operational metrics.
- Create and maintain policies and standards that support
business and technology goals and objectives, to protect the
confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all information and
data created, received, stored, and/or processed.
- Assess security controls, information systems, and business
practices for violations of information security policies,
standards, or regulatory requirements.
- Create and promote a strong security culture through training,
outreach, and technical security consulting.
- Ensure contracts, solicitations, new systems, services,
technology components, and implementations include appropriate
- Maintain a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS)
- Perform other related duties as required. Knowledge, Skills and
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision and
- Knowledge of security best practices for data, network,
applications, and other components.
- Knowledge of the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Knowledge of application development and web services.
- Knowledge of data and databases.
- Knowledge of Windows authentication.
- Knowledge of network components and protocols.
- Skill in troubleshooting and solving complex issues.
- Skill in analysis, interpretation, and reporting of data.
- Skill in clearly communicating technical information, both
verbal and written.
- Skill in formulating policies and procedures.
- Ability to work on-site during normal business hours.
- Ability to conduct meetings and make presentations.
- Ability to lead people and direct program activities.
- Ability to plan, prepare, and prioritize workload and program
- Ability to do short- and long-range program and project
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others. Minimum Qualifications A bachelor's
degree from an accredited college or university in computer
science, management information systems, mathematics, or
engineering and six years of progressively responsible information
systems experience, two years of which must have been in a
managerial or supervisory capacity.
Progressively responsible information systems experience can
substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college
education. Any combination of progressively responsible information
systems experience and post-secondary training in disciplines as
described above totaling ten years. Preferred Qualifications
Preference will be given to applicants with extensive knowledge and
work experience with the following:
- Application programming across multiple languages.
- Database administration and/or programming, across multiple
- Configuration of servers, systems, and/or network.
- Standards and policy creation, review, and enforcement.
- Incident response, security monitoring and analysis,
vulnerability management and risk assessment, threat hunting,
penetration testing, cyber threat intelligence, and/or other cyber
security roles. Hiring salary commensurate with experience.
The Legislature offers a competitive benefits package. Application
Deadline Submission of Application Qualified applicants should send
a completed legislative application and resume to:
Office of Legislative Services
Human Resources Office
Re: OLITS - Information Security Manager
111 W. Madison Street
Room 701, Claude Pepper Building
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1400 Applications are available through the
Florida Legislature's web site Online Sunshine and in Room 701 of
the Claude Pepper Building. Accommodation for Disability If an
accommodation is needed for a disability, please notify Human
Resources at (850) 488-6803. Do not click the Apply button .
-Applications are available - Here . The State of Florida is an
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does
not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.Candidates
requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans
with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority
and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification
to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient
time to provide the accommodation.The State of Florida supports a
Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable
suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S.,
Drug-Free Workplace Act.For assistance, call the People First
Service Center at (877) 562-7287 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00
p.m., Eastern time
Keywords: State of Florida, Tallahassee , Information Security Manager (OLITS), Executive , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!