Regional Coding Operations Manager WFH
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionThe Regional Coding Operations Manager
(RCOM) is responsible for assisting in the development and
evolution of the overall strategy for PSG Coding Operations. The
RCOM is responsible for oversight of all PSG coding operational
processes and workflow, including but not limited to, practice
acquisitions, provider clinical documentation improvement, practice
coding processes, and division relationship management as
applicable. The RCOM assists the Regional Coding Operations
Director with the oversight and implementation of Coding Operations
operational planning, service commitment, budgets, workflow
processes and internal controls. As the RCOM, this person serves as
a key promoter of Coding Operations and is responsible for setting
the tone of Coding Operations as a service organization,
continuously seeking to understand, meet, and exceed customer
expectations and needs. ***This position is considered Work from
Home and based in Tallahassee, Florida. This leader must be based
in the Tallahassee area or be willing to relocate to the area in
order to support our practices across the division.***BenefitsHCA
Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Regional Coding Operations Manager WFH where your
passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If
you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this
could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and
expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Provides coding and documentation improvement education to
- Assists the Director Coding Operations Division Support in
reviewing progress against business case expectations and
operational metrics to ensure that financial and operational risks
are properly managed.
- Works with the division operations team and CCU team on
practice implementation/acquisition activities and projects.
- Leads key communication efforts with practice staff, providers,
and Division Leadership.
- Provides direction and guidance to the practice management and
Division Leadership teams to ensure accurate and efficient coding
- PSG Coding Operations works with Central Coding Unit (CCU) to
identify and resolve issues.
- Works collaboratively with each practice and division
leadership team to ensure customer satisfaction and efficient
coding work processes.
- Assists the coding process in serving as a liaison between the
CCU team and practice management, including the providers and
division leadership while building and maintainingstrategic working
relationships with the practice and division leadership (working
through specific issues, committee meetings, monthly updates,
- Assumes a lead role for innovation, knowledge sharing and
leading best practice identification.
- Manages coding education for practice management and
- Contributes to the development of strategic direction for
- Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
"Mission and Value Statement".
- Must be willing to be present within physician practices daily
to include minimal overnight travel.EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree preferredEXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 7 years professional fee coding and revenue cycle
operations experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years health care management/leadership experience
- Experience leading large organizations preferred.CERTIFICATION:
- Must hold at least one of the following credentials: Certified
Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist - Physician
(CCS-P), RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician), RHIA
(Registered Health Information Administrator) through AHIMA
(American Health Information Management Association) or AAPC's
(American Academy of Professional Coders) Certified Professional
Coder (CPC) or Certified Outpatient Coder (COC).AAPC's Certified
Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC) as an additional credential is
preferred.Physician Services Group is skilled in physician
employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in
hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead
more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers.
We are HCA Healthcare's graduate medical education leader. We
provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship
programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These
solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We
support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Regional Coding Operations Manager WFH opening. We
promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will
be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Tallahassee , Regional Coding Operations Manager WFH, Executive , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!