SLED Sales Director
Posted on: April 18, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services
company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the
digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems
management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting,
cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband,
voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a
robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a
360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit
CenturyLink for more information.
The Director I -SLED is responsible for all aspects of sales within
the encompassing business product portfolio within
Government/Education Sales. This position will report to the Area
Director and will be the sales lead for a team of sales
representatives; prior experience in Cloud/hosting and managed
services sales with experience leading, coaching, and mentoring
other sales professionals in value selling, prospecting, proposal
creation, and sales closing skills.
- Manage the sale of entire product portfolio including Cloud,
Managed Services, Datacenter and Voice solutions, meet revenue
targets based on rolled-up quota of sales team.
- Perform account planning and positioning for Strategic Accounts
in SLED vertical.
- Responsible for setting quota, realigning modules of accounts,
and meeting/exceeding monthly sales objectives while delivering the
outstanding service to customers.
- Train, coach, mentor, motivate and conduct formal performance
reviews for team of 6-8 sales executives in SLED accounts.
- Manage active learning plans and facilitate daily, monthly and
yearly sales results objectives for sales team.
- Responsible for day-to-day sales activity management, funnel
activity, territory management, and customer focused sales efforts
for a team of SLED sales executives.
- Participate in community and industry-related events to further
develop the opportunities to procure new business.
- Work cross functionality with variety of business leaders and
other direct and indirect sales channels.
- Overall financial tracking, revenue recognition as well as
forecasting responsibilities for the team.
- May require some travel.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent
experience is required.
- Must have 5+ years telecom or related technology sales
- Minimum 2 years sales management experience in
telecommunications or a technology-based industry.
- Experience in building strategic plans for sales team growth
and development including account and activity planning and
- Experience mentoring, training and developing high performance
- Proficient with PC-based applications such as MS Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and sales performance/tracking programs.
- Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving
- Successful completed of the Sales Manager assessment.
- Masters degree.
- Experience and knowledge of the customer base in the local
- Demonstrated stable track record of success in Sales, with 2-3
years consecutive, successful sales management experience within
one company within the last 5 years.
Alternate Location: US-Florida-Orlando; US-Florida-Tallahassee;
Requisition #: 209831
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Tallahassee , SLED Sales Director, Executive , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!