Nurse Manager Emergency Services
Posted on: May 20, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Capital Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is a fully-accredited
healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500
physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7
Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a , and
an . We also offer a , , , Chest Pain Center w/PCI, , , , , , , ,
Stroke Center, , , , and more.
Nurse Manager Emergency Services3pm-11pm Monday-Friday POSITION
SUMMARY:To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to
patients within the Department. To advise the Department Director
regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections,
quality improvement processes. To anticipate and estimate future
needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care.
Collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff of the
Department to accomplish the mission of CRMC. This position
provides direct supervision of ED Charge Nurse, EMS Coordinator and
Clinical Educator toward managing daily departmental operations.
- Develops and administers unit specific services as
- Promotes a multidisciplinary coordination of services, such as,
nursing medical, respiratory care, laboratory, pharmaceutical and
- Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing, and
managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive
manner for the operation are of the nursing unit.
- Administers and appraises Quality Improvement within the
- Works with director on the hiring, evaluating, terminating,
counseling, coaching and development of staff.
- Manages the practice of professional nursing and support
positions within the unit to maintain quality patient care through
implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
- Works with director to develop, interpret, inspect and review
policies and procedures within the services provided.
- Gives input to Director on Disaster Preparedness policies and
procedures for the organization.
- Responsible for twenty four-hour coverage and problem
resolution to the services provided.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses
system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which
results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Promotes patient, employee and physician satisfaction within
- Assist with Performance Improvement monitoring.
- As a crisis prevention intervention trained staff member,
responds appropriately to a manpower request (a.k.a. Code
- Manages patient flow of the department.
- Other duties as assigned. PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: A. Core
- Service: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers;
responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions
for unreasonable patient/customer expectations
- Quality/Ethics/Integrity: Seeks opportunities for improvement;
prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to
detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to
company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of
- Relationships: Builds effective working relationships; finds
and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original
ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team
members goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly
explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to
differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and
- Adaptability: Seeks to understand changes in work
tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new
tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as
opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively
about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal
effectively with change Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing required or actively enrolled in
BSN program LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS- AHA Healthcare Provider required
- ACLS required
- PALS required
- TNCC preferred
- ENPC preferred
- CEN preferred EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 5 or more years experience as a RN in Emergency Room nursing
- 3 years experienc...
Keywords: HCA., Tallahassee , Nurse Manager Emergency Services, Executive , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!