FDOE GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS CONSULTANT III - 48002554
Company: The State of Florida
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Requisition No: 234681Agency: Department of EducationWorking
Title: FDOE GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS CONSULTANT III - 48002554Position
Number: 48002554Salary: $43,507.32 - $53,000Posting Closing Date:
01/14/2021FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONOFFICE OF EARLY
LEARNINGGovernment Operations Consultant IIIPosition
#48002554$43,507.32 - $53,000Salary based on experience, knowledge,
skills.This is a re-advertisement; previous applicants do not need
to reapply.PLEASE NOTE A successful completion of a Level 2
Background screening is a mandatory requirement for employment.
Answers to the qualifying questions must be verified on your State
application. Applicants who do not respond to the qualifying
questions will not be considered for the position. Participation in
direct deposit is required. Your application may be considered for
other positions within the office as applicable for up to
six-months.DESCRIPTION This is a professional career service
position located in the Office of Early Learning (OEL) in the
Financial Administrative and Budget Services (FABS) unit. The
incumbent in this position will serve as a contract manager
coordinating and developing competitive procurements, developing
scope of work and processing invoices. This position will act as
the OEL liaison with the Department of Education (DOE) procurement
office. Must be able to answer questions and provide technical
assistance in the procurement process.Duties and
- Coordinating and developing competitive procurements,
participate in the evaluation and review of contract proposals by
leadership and other parties as needed.
- Negotiate, monitor and evaluate implementation of assigned
statewide contracts within the OEL.
- Prepare contract documents including the development of minimum
performance standards and deliverables, amendments, renewals and
extensions for all assigned contracts.
- Monitor application and implementation of appropriate rules,
regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure
compliance with financial and administrative requirements; audit,
authorize and approve contract invoices for payment and maintain
- Provide contract documents including development of minimum
performance standards and deliverables, amendments, renewals, and
extensions for all assigned contracts.
- Confer as needed with the contractors to gather and evaluate
data with respect to expenditure patterns and surplus/deficit
expenditure reports for the Leadership Team.
- Monitor the delivery of all contracted services by reviewing
available data such as: quarterly reports, monthly reimbursement
requests, statistical data on key program indicators, corrective
action plans and audit or management letters.
- Conduct quality assurance activities, including programmatic,
fiscal and administrative monitoring, develop appropriate
monitoring strategies for assigned contracts.
- Prepare monitoring reports, make recommendations and develop
corrective action plans when required. Conduct reviews when needed
to reconcile differences in data reports, complaints by contractors
or other interested parties for assigned contracts.
- Other duties as assignedKnowledge, Skills and Abilities,
including utilization of equipment, required for the position
- Florida Accountability Contract Tracking System(FACTS).
- Knowledge of My Florida Market Place (MFMP) system.
- Knowledge of administrative principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the methods of reporting and data collection.
- Ability to review and monitor policies and procedures for
compliance with applicable requirements.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Ability to review requests for payment for compliance with
contract fiscal and administrative requirements.
- Ability to develop and organize data into logical format for
presentation in reports, proposals and other written
- Ability to evaluate and analyze data to assess compliance with
- Ability to utilize problem solving techniques.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.The State of Florida is an Equal
Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not
tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.Candidates
requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans
with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority
and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification
to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient
time to provide the accommodation.The State of Florida supports a
Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable
suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S.,
Drug-Free Workplace Act.VETERANS' PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter
295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference
will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies
and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans'
Preference must attach supporting documentation with each
submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form
214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required
by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference
documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All
documentation is due by the close of the vacancy
announcement.Nearest Major Market: Tallahassee
Keywords: The State of Florida, Tallahassee , FDOE GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS CONSULTANT III - 48002554, Government & Protective Services , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!