Psychiatric Health Intake Nurse
Company: Capital Regional Medical Center
Posted on: April 9, 2021
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare
facility with more than 1,400 employees and 380 physicians. We are
a 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services
in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, and an
Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center,
Behavioral Health Center, Burn Clinic, Cancer Center, Chest Pain
Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart &
Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy
Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care
Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Unit Description: The Behavioral Health Center at Capital Regional
is dedicated to meeting the growing needs in our community for
behavioral-health-specific healthcare. Our state-of-the art center
provides a continuum of care that addresses both acute phases of
illness and the follow up that is necessary to maintain excellent
patient outcomes within a compassionate and caring environment. We
serve an adult population; all patients are at least 18 years old.
Our patients primary diagnosis is psychiatric (both mood and
psychotic disorders), and they may also have a dual diagnosis
related to substance or alcohol abuse
Position Summary: Provide professional nursing care to patients
utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of
the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver
quality health care.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of psychiatric nursing and
maintains the highest quality of comprehensive patient care.
- Utilizes the nursing process, which includes assessment,
diagnosis, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Responds to all calls for psychiatry services responding
appropriately to the identified needs of the caller and patient.
Patient calls will be prioritized based on the level of need of the
patient. Insures EMTALA compliance at all times and reports any
concerns to the program director immediately.
- Coordinates communication related to all assessment and
admission activities, insures rapid throughput for the emergency
department, requests additional resources when needed based on
volume, and works with the medical staff to move patients to
- Responds to calls for assessments in the emergency department
within 15 minutes and initiates the requested assessment as soon as
possible and no later than 60 minutes from the initial request.
Implements a back up procedure when the 60 minute time frame cannot
be met due to heavy volume.
- Works with inpatient nursing staff to insure an appropriate bed
is available for patients coming in including moving patients as
needed to make beds available quickly.
- Examines physician orders for completeness, accuracy, clarity
and questions when appropriate. Correctly transcribes orders and
- Administers prescribed treatment and medications
- Displays competency in medical aspects of patient care as
evidenced by recognizing signs and symptoms of medical conditions,
intervening appropriately and documenting adequately in the
Treatment Plan and progress notes.
- Intake coordinator is responsible to document all calls coming
in regardless the outcome in the approved format. Any staff member
providing intake services will document all calls according to the
system the intake coordinator has in place.
- Intake coordinator is responsible to provide education and
support related to emergency detention procedures, intervention as
needed, completion of paperwork, and addressing process concerns
with the emergency department director and medical staff to insure
compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Works collaboratively with behavioral health sales team to
provide data, assure accurate referral data management, and
includes sales team members in team meetings as needed. Your
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student loan repayment #TalentLivesHere
EDUCATIONREQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- AssociatesDegree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing required
- Bachelor sDegree in Nursing preferred LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
- FloridaRN license and/or approved multistate RN license
- BLS-AmericanHeart Association BLS Provider issued card
- Nonviolent Crisis Interventioncertification required
EXPERIENCEREQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Prefer 1-3 years experience in abehavioral healthcare setting
performing clinical assessments Notice
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care unit, intensive care, intensive
care unit, mhb, nurse clinical, psychiatric, registed, registered
Keywords: Capital Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee , Psychiatric Health Intake Nurse, Healthcare , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!