Nursing Director of Behavioral Health HCA Inc - Tallahassee, FL
Company: HCA Inc
Posted on: November 18, 2021
SHIFT: No Weekends
Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7
Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a
Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also
include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer
Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center,
Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical
Therapy Services, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services,
Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Nursing Director of Behavioral Health
The Nursing Director is responsible for the 24 hour, seven day a
week functions of nursing within the Behavioral Health service line
(to include ED and Unit Intake processes). Administers plans and
evaluates the activities of the department(s) to ensure quality
patient care. Develops goals, policies and procedures, prepares and
submits operating and capital budgets, participates in
multidisciplinary QI teams, consults with staff, physicians and
other departments as needed. Manages staffing patterns with the
assistance of Nurse Managers, Charge Nurses and the House
Supervisors on a shift-to-shift basis. Follows policies and
procedures of Capital Regional Medical Center. Participates in the
Quality Improvement process and adheres to FWBMC standards of
behavior. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Program
- Directs development of specific short and long-range programs
and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of Behavioral
Health Department activities, the operational efficiency and
effectiveness as well as major impact on all other hospital
- Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of
personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring
practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices
- Provides direction to the staff and supervisors of the
Behavioral Health Department. Reviews performance of the department
staff and approves staff evaluations. Responsible for appropriate
disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources
to ensure the attainment of facility goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to
all applicable federal, state, JCAHO, and local regulatory agency
requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities success
in any regulatory survey.
- Participates on various committees and other task forces as may
be established by management to plan, organize and drive the
- Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews
on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and
administrative matters, which have hospital-wide impact.
- Responsible for making decisions required to maintain
acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies.
Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most
appropriate solution in the absence of established
- Confers with other department directors when necessary to
resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department
responsibilities, objectives and resolving identified problems.
- Directs, reviews and analyzes progress and performance of
contract services personnel. Makes recommendation on contract
initiation, renewals and termination.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by the
Administrative Management Team. Meets all objectives as set forth
in individual evaluation and displays a good work attitude towards
- Adheres to hospital/departmental attendance policy, work hours
and maintenance of personal appearance as stated in facility
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without comprising patient
safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree preferred
- Master's Degree in Psychiatric or Mental Health Nursing or
closely related field is preferred
- Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license
- BLS-American Heart Association BLS Provider issued card
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 3-5 years of Nursing Experience required and 1-2 years of
progressive management experience in acute care or psychiatric
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA Inc, Tallahassee , Nursing Director of Behavioral Health HCA Inc - Tallahassee, FL, Healthcare , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!