Physical Therapist consistent PRN
Company: Vertis Therapy
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Description:Vertis Therapy is growing and is in need of a
Physical Therapist for consistent PRN at our beautiful Assisted
Living in Thomasville, GA. This position provides for flexible
scheduling. Vertis Therapy is a therapist owned company that
provides quality, patient centered care along with industry low
productivity.The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients
in accordance with orders from the physician through the use of
therapeutic procedures designed to address deficits in physical
function and improve independence, safety and quality of life. The
Physical Therapist ensures quality, efficient physical therapy is
provided to patients by managing the delivery of care throughout
the course of treatment and delegating appropriate components of
care to the Physical Therapist's Assistant under his/her
supervision. The Physical Therapist participates as a member of the
interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the
area of physical therapy.Primary Responsibilities include:
- Review available patient information and evaluate the impact of
this information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conducts and documents a thorough functional assessment of the
patient utilizing standardized procedures. Includes home/vocational
and equipment needs.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on
patient needs and containing achievable functional goals.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation
- Record patient progress in the patient record a minimum of
every seven (7) days.
- Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment
- Documents the course of treatment in a clear, concise manner,
including a discharge summary utilizing the prescribed format.
- Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and
provide close supervision while such staff are working with
- Orient patients to program services and treatment procedures
appropriate to their needs. Inform patients of any potential risk
during any procedure.
- Work with nursing staff, patient and families to maximize
patient's use of functional abilities.
- Establish and instruct patient and family/other caregiver in
exercises and therapeutic procedures to be continued following
- Assist in the referral process when a patient requires
additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge
of community resources.
- Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences
regarding patient progress, problem or needs.
- Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings,
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical
- Participate in the quality improvement process by responding
appropriately to results of medical record audits, patient/referral
source satisfaction surveys safety activities and regulatory
- Act in compliance with Vertis Therapy Management policies and
procedures, State, Federal and Professional Organization regulatory
and professional standards and guidelines.
- Provide input to the Rehab Director on clinical performance of
assistants as requested and
- Promote the programs and services of Vertis Therapy through
formal and informal interactions with the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Ind123. Requirements:
- Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy or Bachelor of
Science degree in Physical Therapy and five years of direct
- Current license/certification in the state of practice.
- Prefer minimum one (1) year experience in rehabilitation.
Supervision, training and/or experience in a setting serving the
same age/type of patient population served by this facility.
- Prefer membership in the American Physical Therapy
- Demonstrated competency in identified areas of
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Adequate computer skills in order to complete required job
duties and computerized documentation.
- Demonstrated competency in applying principles, methods,
materials and equipment used in physical therapy.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance
Keywords: Vertis Therapy, Tallahassee , Physical Therapist consistent PRN, Healthcare , Thomasville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!