Registered Nurse - Primary Care - Tallahassee, Florida - Med Surg
Company: Malcom Randall Department of Veterans Affairs Medi
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The Tallahassee Primary Care is looking for an enthusiastic
Registered Nurse (RN) to join their team! In this position you will
be accountable for the provision of direct patient care and for
delivering quality nursing care by applying all aspects of the
nursing process in the management of acute and chronic mental
health illnesses to a culturally diverse Veteran population with
The Registered Nurse provides care and counseling of persons or in
the promotion and maintenance of health and prevention of illness
and injury based upon the nursing process which includes systematic
data gathering, assessment, appropriate nursing judgment, and
evaluation of human responses to actual or potential health
problems through such services as case finding, health teaching,
health counseling; provision of care supportive to or restorative
of life and well-being. The Registered Nurse's primary commitment
is to the patient, whether an individual, family, group, or
community (ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses).
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide
care in accordance with unit standards.
- Accurately documents in the medical record of patient findings,
assessments, and care provided.
- Participates in performance improvement to maintain provision
of quality care, plan patient care and assists physicians during
treatments and examinations of patients.
- Revises interdisciplinary plan of care based upon on-going
patient assessment and evaluation.
- Organizes and completes own assignments in a safe and timely
manner, assisting team members as necessary.
- Responsible for making comprehensive nursing decisions based on
the interpretation of facts and evaluations of patient outcome;
modifies the plan of care based upon the evaluations and
- Promotes, advocates for and strives to protect the health,
safety and rights of the patient.
- Safeguards patient privacy and maintains confidentiality of all
electronic and printed patient information according to HIPAA
guidelines, the Privacy Act, and as stated in the Medical Center
Memo on Information Security.
- Effectively plans patient care and nursing resources for
maximum staff productivity, staff and time efficiency, and positive
- Participates in orientation, unit based in-services, and
mandatory education activities in a self-directed manner.
- Encourages and supports patients and families to participate in
care and decision-making at the level they choose.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and good communication
skills that enhance working effectively with others.
Financial Discloser Report:
Keywords: Malcom Randall Department of Veterans Affairs Medi, Tallahassee , Registered Nurse - Primary Care - Tallahassee, Florida - Med Surg, Healthcare , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!