Physical Therapy Assistant
Company: Action Physical Therapy-FL
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Restores patient's function, alleviates pain, and prevents
disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed
* Meets the patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by
assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results;
determining physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with
physicians or by prescription.
* Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic
devices by administering manual exercises; instructing,
encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical
activities, such as non manual exercises, ambulatory functional
activities, and daily-living activities and in using assistive and
supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
* Administers physical therapy treatments by giving massages;
initiating traction; applying physical agents; utilizing
hydrotherapy tanks and whirlpool baths, moist packs, ultraviolet
and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines; directing treatments
given by aides, technicians, and assistants.
* Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by
designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families,
and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or
providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home
health follow-up programs.
* Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
department records.* Maintains patient confidence and protects
hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
* Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations. Protects patients and employees
by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional
requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating
future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
needed.Skills/Qualifications:Physiological Knowledge, Health
Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment,
Motivating Others, Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Bedside Manner,
Clinical Skills, Pain Management, Persistence, Energy Level
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $29.00 per hour
Keywords: Action Physical Therapy-FL, Tallahassee , Physical Therapy Assistant, Healthcare , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!