Clinical Nurse RN Educator Surgical Services
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Clinical Nurse Educator / Emergency Services HCA Florida Capital
Hospital is a fully accredited healthcare facility with more than
1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital
that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties
including a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We also offer a
Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest
Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center,
Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy
Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center,
Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more. Position
Summary:The Clinical Professional Development Educator enhances
professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by
providing evidence-based quality educational programs and
activities that promote professional competency for nursing,
inter-professional, and non-licensed clinical staff at the assigned
- 5+ years experience in an acute care setting Required
- 3+ years experience in clinical education Required
- Bachelor s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or
other clinical field Required
- Master s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other
clinical field Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) license in Florida (or appropriate
- BLS Required Essential Functions (including, but not limited
- Participates in the development, coordination, managing,
facilitating, conducting, and evaluating of onboarding and
orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare
- Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee
- Conducts orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive
learning environment. Incorporates organizational values/culture
into the orientation process.
- Promotes cost effectiveness through implementation of efficient
- Serves as a role model for organizational and personal
commitment to new employee success.
- Collaborates with the Education Coordinator concerning the
logistics of orientation to keep all stakeholders informed.
- Collaborates with the Director of Clinical Professional
Development to adjust the program based on evaluation
- Participates in the development, coordination, and management
of facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency.
- Comprehends and interprets competencies to staff. Serves as a
role model for competent practice.
- Identifies learning needs of staff and assesses practice gaps,
comparing competencies to actual practice. Plans educational
content with learner engagement.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Education Market Director to
review outcomes data to evaluate and refine competency management
- Identifies appropriate resources for problem solving.Education:
- Designs and identifies educational activities to address
practice gaps for identified target audiences, including licensed
and non-licensed healthcare personnel, in alignment with HCA and
division clinical education request and development processes.
- Develops activities to achieve specific outcomes related to
identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge,
skill and practice. Plans educational content delivery that
encourages learner engagement.
- Collaborates with Clinical Education Market Director to
evaluate and adjust educational programs based on evaluations and
- Utilizes the educational process to improve professional
practice and promote safe, compassionate, quality patient
- Incorporates organizational values/culture in educational
programs, ensuring alignment with organization s
policies/procedures and compliance with regulatory
- Demonstrates an understanding of adult educational theory and
the ability to apply evaluation methodologies, (i.e., Kirkpatrick)
into courses and curriculum to refine clinical programs.
- Supports new ideas and innovation in educational design.
Utilizes current best evidence.
- Identifies resources for problem solving. Provides staff with
resources and education to implement changes. Research
Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)/Quality Improvement (QI)
- Promotes and integrates the EBP in order to continuously
improve practice. Conducts, encourages, facilitates, and/or
participates in research, EBP, and QI in patient care
- Supports research activities that align with the organizational
strategic plan. Disseminates research findings through educational
programs, courses, and other activities.
- Works with others to identify problems and solutions and
collaboratively design and implement the change strategy. Exhibits
creativity and flexibility through times of change.
- Embraces meaningful change and fosters acceptance, adoption and
action toward change in others.
- Creates a supportive environment for nursing research,
scientific inquiry, quality improvement, and evidence-based
practice. Identifies appropriate evidence to guide practice
- Maintains and sustains practice changes using principles of
implementation science. Professional Role Development
- Identifies and develops strategies to facilitate a continuous
process of maturation through lifelong learning.
- Utilizes novice-to-expert continuum when developing staff.
Identifies and provides opportunities for skill enhancement and
- Assists staff to identify areas for individual growth in
current role. Promotes the achievement of specialty
- Provides expertise in identifying professional development
needs of individual staff. Directs staff to career advancement
- Participates in lifelong learning to promote continuing
- Contributes insights and feedback for succession planning.
- Monitors the practices or operations with reference to laws,
regulations, guidelines, or industry practices to assess
compliance, risk, or exposure while communicating key performance
indicators for the clinical education service line within the
- Ensures that the clinical education team develops educational
content that meets the accreditation standards of the Joint
Commission, Medicare, Medicaid, and similar organizations from an
- Assumes accountability for delivery of clinical education
services and practices that create a patient-centered organization,
driven by customer feedback and data.
- Ensures efficient and effective delivery of quality clinical
education content and programs to drive improved clinical
- Contributes and works collaboratively with division and
facility education team to support hospital-wide improvement in
meeting core measures, patient safety, and service excellence goals
through clinical education.
- Participates in providing simulation models in the simulation
- Fosters a Service Excellence culture.
- Identifies opportunities to support improvement in internal or
external customer satisfaction and/or patient experience.
- Inspires pride in HCA and organizational outcomes by developing
a superior clinical identity and a culture of excellence which
inspires higher expectations for care in physicians, nurses, and
- Assumes accountability for promoting consistent, positive
patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled
- Establishes a culture of accountability for effectively
managing expenses and delivering cost-effective healthcare in the
communities served. Growth
- Supports strategic planning and business development within the
clinical education area of responsibility, including technology
advances and other opportunities to drive differentiation and
support the growth agenda.
- Represents the organization positively within the community;
participates in company-supported community/patient events and
- Supports external relationships which advance the
organization's position within the community, to grow the business
and improve the health of communities served.
- Stays abreast of regulatory changes, emerging technology, and
advancements in healthcare delivery.
- Stays abreast of external factors and opportunities impacting
healthcare, including political, legislative and regulatory
changes, emerging technologies, and advancements in healthcare
delivery. Understands the competitive landscape. Supports the
organization in strategic positioning to respond to changing
healthcare dynamics and market environments. Finance
- Participates with the division education team to contribute to
the development of long- and short-range operational and capital
budgets aligned to business objectives.
- Provides requested data for assigned facility to assist in
completing monthly operations; provides information on variances
and action plans to address gaps.
- Understands impact on department performance in accordance with
established budget, including the utilization of staffing,
supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in the annual budget process, providing input into
assigned facility expense forecasts, staffing, and supply and
equipment needs. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and
implements actions to achieve savings.
Benefits:We are committed to
providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we
offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as
several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly
customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique
benefits we offer include:
Student Loan RepaymentTuition
Reimbursement/Assistance ProgramsPaid Personal Leave401k (100%
annual match 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)Identity
Theft Protection discountsAuto, Home, and Life Insurance
optionsAdoption AssistanceEmployee Stock Purchase Program
(ESPP)Equal Opportunity Employer / EOE Notice Our Company s
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking .For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option
1. Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care, domiciliary,
hospice, intensive, mhb, surgical, tcu, unit
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Tallahassee , Clinical Nurse RN Educator Surgical Services, Healthcare , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!