LPN II Emergency Department 9a to 9p - JR40
Company: Northwest Florida Community Hospital
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Northwest Florida Community Hospital - Provides direct and
indirect patient care in an organized manner that reflects
initiative, flexibility, clinical competence and responsibility
under the direct supervision of a Physician or Nurse Practitioner.
Specific responsibilities include preparing rooms for patients
and/or procedures, administering medications, assisting with
therapeutic/diagnostic procedures as directed. Maintains accurate
charting and discharges in a timely manner. Communicates changes in
patient's condition to Physician and/or Nurse Practitioner. May
perform clerical duties such as answering telephones and scheduling
Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
1 year preferred with medical office experience.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
Current registration to practice nursing as a Licensed Practical
Nurse within the State of Florida. Current BLS. ACLS and PALS
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Supervised by: Physician, Business Office Manager
Supervises (Job titles):
- May supervise other office personnel
Includes, but not limited to: Physicians, patients, families,
business office, billing, OR staff, other physician offices.
For Direct Patient Care Positions Only
Must have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient
care as defined by job responsibilities and performance standards
in this job descriptions to include Patient Safety Performance
Standards for the identified population served below:
- Pre-term/High Risk Neonate
- Neonate (newborn to 28 days)
- Pediatric (One month to 12 years)
- Young Adult (18 to 35 years)
- Adult (35 to 65 years)
- Geriatric (65 years and over)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF COMPETENT PERFORMANCE FOR THIS POSITION
- Provides direct patient care including treatments, obtaining
specimens, etc., with minimal supervision.
- Assess patients and reports normal/abnormal findings to
- Administers medications safely as ordered.
- Provides complete documentation on nurse's notes, flow sheets,
and graph sheets.
- Reassessments are done based on specific policy for the
- Documentation of care follows Nursing Department and unit
- Patient education is completed following assessment of learning
needs. Documentation of patient education is complete.
- Maintains knowledge of medications and their correct
administration based on age of the patient and patient's clinical
condition. Safely administers medications per policy.
- Maintains the housekeeping and maintenance of the patient's
environment. Empties trash from the patient's room at the end of
- Maintains certification in BLS.
- Has a thorough understanding and working knowledge of all
equipment in the clinic.
- Recognizes and documents significant change in patient's
condition and responds with nursing action according to standard
nursing practice. Initiates and assists with emergency measures for
sudden adverse patient response.
- Accurately reports pertinent information to physician
concerning patient care, including changes in condition or behavior
- Makes ongoing assessments as appropriate.
- Assists the physician in the performance of procedures
requiring assistance. Performs these duties according to
established standards, guidelines, policies and
- Participates in orientation of new associates to the clinic as
assigned. The orientation process is individualized according to
the needs of the department and the new member of the
- Attends unit and professional conferences and
- Organizes and prioritizes activities for proper balance of
patient care assignments and documentation within the
- Participates in hospital wide and PI programs as established by
The Joint Commission (TJC) and NFCH as assigned.
- Completes mandatory certifications annually prior to
- Assures that all records and physician orders are
- Promotes positive guest relations in dealing with patients,
visitors, outside persons, physicians, and associates as outlined
and evaluated in the Service Standards.
- Demonstrates reliability by adhering to the attendance and
- Consistently performs all duties while observing hospital
policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the NFCH infection control policies and
- Adheres to hospital and departmental appearance and dress
- Observes hospital smoking policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communicates with staff; conducts regular departmental meetings
to inform staff; stays accessible to staff and provides assistance,
education and/or training if necessary; keeps Administration
informed of departmental issues.
- Implements new and innovative ways to reduce cost or increase
productivity; increases working knowledge of CPSI system; improves
departmental customer service standards
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to budget guidelines;
participates in the budget process; recommends methods to increase
revenue or decrease costs; maintains current CDM (if applicable);
complies with billing requirements.
- Participates in Hospital activities; takes initiative in
Process Improvement; promotes the Hospital throughout the
community; enforces Hospital policies; exhibits leadership
- Commits to outstanding guest relations and customer service;
provides excellent customer service to meet the expectations of
patients, visitors, and fellow associates; maintains courteous and
- Demonstrates teamwork; supports, assists, and praises fellow
associates whenever possible; feels a sense of ownership and takes
pride in the Hospital; looks beyond assigned tasks to achieve
- Supports and promotes the Mission, Vision, and Values; adheres
to all Hospital policies and procedures; commits to the Standards
of Conduct; maintains professional appearance
Keywords: Northwest Florida Community Hospital, Tallahassee , LPN II Emergency Department 9a to 9p - JR40, Healthcare , Chipley, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!