Lab Technician, Chem
Posted on: January 23, 2023
OverviewResponsible for performing standardized testing and
analyses of raw materials, in-process samples, and finished
products submitted to the control laboratory. Assists in testing by
performing routine analysis and computing and tabulating data.
Carries out related responsibilities as requiredMajor Position
- Follows routine procedures and general instructions with
minimum supervision in the performance of physical and chemical
analysis and asks for help when needed.
- Able to multi-task by performing several procedures.
- Perform standard procedures, which involves prolonged periods
of standing and/or sitting and repetitive motions.
- Simultaneously operate laboratory equipment (e.g., hot plates,
temperature baths, glassware, balances, sieves, gas and liquid
chromatographs, pH meters, spectrometers, computers, fume hoods,
- Safely prepares and handles chemical reagents (e.g., caustics,
corrosives, and organic solvents) and standard solutions used in
- Tests samples of in-process product to verify conformity to
- Transports large quantities of highly flammable gun propellants
with proper ergonomic technique.
- Computes, tabulates, and maintains detailed record of test
- Performs various other assigned routine and non-routine
laboratory duties as necessary (e.g., gate training)
- Must be able to work overtime and shift work as required.Basic
- 1+ years College Chemistry, Math, Physics or Biology (Ball
Powder experience may substitute for part or all the educational
requirement).BenefitsEmployees are eligible for medical, dental,
vision, short and long-term disability, and basic life insurance as
well as pre-tax spending accounts. Employees are also able to
enroll in the company's 401k plan and are eligible for the
Non-Contributory Retirement Contribution. In addition to the
benefits discussed above, the company offers the following
voluntary benefits: Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance,
Identify Theft Protection, Enhanced Legal Services, Auto and Home
Insurance, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Hospital Indemnity
Insurance, Educational Assistance.
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Tallahassee , Lab Technician, Chem, Healthcare , Crawfordville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!