Hospice Physician - Panama City
Company: Vitas Healthcare
Location: Panama City
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Team Physician - home and facility settingsJOB DESCRIPTIONThe
physician has responsibility for the medical care and treatment of
patients rendered by the hospice interdisciplinary team (IDT), and
shall consult and cooperate with the patients' attending
physicians. The physician provides direction and guidance to the
staff and volunteers of the hospice IDT to assure the maintenance
of quality standards of care for patients and families. The
physician educates practicing physicians and others engaged in
health care services regarding the hospice program and its
potential benefits to patients. Direct Patient Care
- Participates in the evaluation and
certification/recertification of the terminal prognosis for
patients on the team, at indicated intervals.
- Participates in the development of the initial plan of care
(IPOC) as a member of the IDT.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and ongoing
revision of the comprehensive plan of care.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of all patient care
- Participates in ongoing revision of the comprehensive POC when
a patient is being cared for at a general inpatient level of care,
including review of patient appropriateness for continued inpatient
- Intervenes proactively, as required, when there is a possible
revocation, and reviews all revocations with the other members of
- Provides medical expertise on an on going and timely basis to
admission and patient care staff on issues and challenges involving
evaluation of terminal prognosis and pain and symptom management.
- LICENSE AND EDUCATION
- Licensed to practice medicine or osteopathy in the state in
which the program is operating.
- Board eligible/certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine,
with a working knowledge of the principles of palliative medicine
and symptom management.
- If physician will be providing inpatient care, membership in
good standing on the medical staff of the hospital or hospitals in
which the hospice inpatient care is provided.
- Registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to
prescribe all schedules of controlled substances with no
restriction as to the location of practice.
- If applicable, state controlled substance certification or
registration for the state in which the hospice program is
- Actively participates in the clinical education and training
for all hospice patient care, admissions, and administrative
- Attends and satisfactorily completes all VITAS orientation and
physician training programs, which may include ongoing physician
- Demonstrates on going competence in the principles of and
current development in palliative medicine.
- Is a member of and participates in professional organizations
related to palliative medicine. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATE
- EOE/AA M/F/D/VOTHERABOUT USVITAS Healthcare is the nation s
leading provider of end-of-life care, and has the resources and
expertise to support your personal and professional growth. As a
member of the VITAS team, you ll find fulfillment working for a
people-focused organization dedicated to making a difference in the
lives of others. You will be more than just an employee: You will
be counted on as an expert in your field, and as a valued team
member whose efforts are respected and vital to our hospice
mission.All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and
responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism,
collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth
and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and
position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and
leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard find
your purpose at VITAS today.Benefits Include:- Competitive
compensation - Health, dental, vision, life and disability
insurance- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending
accounts- Life insurance- 401(k) plan with numerous investment
options and generous company match- Cancer and/or critical illness
benefit- Tuition Reimbursement- Paid Time Off- Employee Assistance
Program- Legal Insurance- Roadside Assistance- Affinity ProgramWe
offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment
opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays
or weekends.Choose a Career with VITAS
Keywords: Vitas Healthcare, Tallahassee , Hospice Physician - Panama City, Healthcare , Panama City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...