Clinical Applications Specialist
Company: Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Together, we can beat cancer.At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers
Company, we bring together the world's best talent to realize our
vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work
passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology
solutions.We are part of an incredible community of scientists,
clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled
specialists pushing the boundaries of what's possible, to improve
people's lives around the world. We embrace a culture of
inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual
can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and
continued success.If you want to be part of this important mission,
we want to hear from you.Summary:
- Provides clinical applications training to customers both on
site and remotely to ensure customer is well prepared to obtain
training that will enable them to operate their Varian Medical
System equipment according to a minimum of safe and effective use
guidelines with the highest level of satisfaction.
- Assist in managing the customer's clinical expectations.
- As available, provides competitive product performance
information to headquarters, marketing or engineering groups.
- May coordinate or lead customer and/or employee training
- May conduct large group presentations at seminars, training
programs, and trade shows.
- May provide demo support to local, regional and national
customer trade events.
- Formulate complementary support training information in the
form of quick tips, workbooks, video-media and implementation
- Work with cross-functional teams as necessary to support and
enable best services and optimize customer relations.
- Applicable to the Oncology Systems business only: Position must
have full access to VMS client sites to perform the essential
functions of this position.
- Many VMS clients require VMS employees and representatives to
meet certain "Vendor Credentialing" requirements before they will
be allowed to have access to their sites. Unless prohibited by law,
position must meet all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary
to have full client access, and must continue to meet those
requirements during the course of VMS employment in this
- Performs all required applications specialist responsibilities
including but not limited to: creating and maintaining formal
customer training support documents; design and oversee the initial
and ongoing training for Clinical Applications Specialists, as well
as, continued training for new product releases.
- Other duties as assigned by Training Operations and/or
Applications Manager.Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Clinical understanding of the processes in a medical and/or
radiation oncology department.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Exemplary communication skills
(listening, verbal, written).
- Adaptable, positive and open to new ideas and/or
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative.
Enthusiastic learner who is eager to meet challenges and quickly
assimilate new concepts.
- Other Desired Skills and Knowledge: Clinical experience in
Radiation and Medical Oncology Credentials by specific professional
role: Radiation Therapist - ARRT preferred Required Certifications
and Training: Obtains and completes LMS training plan specific to
- Applicable to the Oncology Systems business only: Meets all
Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to gain VMS client site
access, unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by client
and may include, but are not limited to:
- Proof of valid identification (photo, driver's license,
- Criminal background checks
- Drug screens
- Immunizations (Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus)
- Annual TB testing
- Healthcare trainings
- Experience Level with Business Tools: Advanced knowledge in use
of remote training tools (i.e. Smart Connect, virtual classroom)
and business tools such as: Microsoft Office Suite, SalesForce,
ServiceMax, Qlikview and Learning Management System (LMS).
- Scope Extensive understanding and wide application of
documentation, standards, principles, concepts and techniques in
- Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge
and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Job Complexity: Works on assignments requiring considerable
judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications or work and makes recommendations for
- Expected to be team leader and drive local and national
- Take on special projects.
- Proficient delivery of training for a minimum of 30%-40% of
- Experienced product knowledge to support cross functional teams
(i.e. trade shows, sales support, marketing, testing) Active
Product Lead and/or completed a minimum of a year in a Product Lead
role. Mentors Clinical Training Specialist I, II and III.
- Impact of Decisions and Accuracy: Erroneous decisions or
failure to achieve results may negatively impact or delay internal
and external customer satisfaction and financial obligations.
- Interaction: Interacts daily with functional peer groups and
- Builds effective working relationships with both internal and
- Supervision Minimal supervision.
- Administrative Compliance in good standing.
- Competency Level Solid proficiencies and strengths and if gaps
exist related to the requirement of new skills as identified in
- Typical Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree or
equivalent Minimum of 2 -3 years clinical experience or equivalent
Minimum 3 years in position Enrollment in Varian approved
- Travel required up to 75-100% and intermittent weekends.
- Requirement to travel into Canada and must meet Canadian Border
Services requirements. Valid U.S or Canadian driver's
license.Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.We envision a world
without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and
commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we
celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional
identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our
patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from
everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique
individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your
whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective
will help to power more victories over cancer.#TogetherWeFightEqual
Employment Opportunity StatementVarian is an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental
disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family
responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex
stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or
military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service,
and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO
is the LawApplicants and employees are protected under Federal law
from discrimination. To learn more, .Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination ProvisionVarian follows Executive Order 11246,
including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To
Keywords: Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Tallahassee , Clinical Applications Specialist, Healthcare , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!