Clinical Informatics Coordinator (RN)
Company: Capital Regional Medical Center
Posted on: March 19, 2019
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more
This position is responsible for supporting the successful implementation and sustainability of the electronic health record, through educational and clinical applications. The position is responsible for the initial provider training in the use of Advanced Clinicals with CPOE and collaborative support of the clinical staff use of the electronic health record. This individual will work with facility, division and corporate peers to ensure advanced clinical applications are well deployed and supported throughout the facility.
- Coordinates the development of education and orientation components for electronic clinical documentation, focusing on provider and clinical staff use of Meditech advanced clinical and nursing modules.
- In accordance with all applicable regulatory standards: designs, implements, and evaluates educational and orientation activities related to assessed learning needs, new policies / procedures, standards, equipment or knowledge deficits.
- Recommends, develops, and modifies documentation curriculums based on best practice, adult learning theories, individual need and special circumstances.
- Participate full time in all training activities for providers (physicians, mid-levels, scribes, students) utilizing the electronic documentation and order entry.
- Provides initial orientation to Advanced Clinicals for all new and existing providers; to include elbow-to-elbow rounding support.
- Participates in data monitoring and action plan development related to advanced clinical documentation.
- Assists in the management of rejected orders in Meditech and HPF systems.
- Identifies and reports system or build issues that negatively affect adoption or performance.
- Participate in clinical development and review of order sets and protocols.
- Assists testing and training for new Meditech Advanced Clinical (CPOE, PDOC, ED PDOC and clinical modules) releases and functionality.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Activities related to Advanced Clinicals, including Advanced Clinicals Core Team, Advanced Clinicals Committee, Quality Council, and Clinical Practice Council.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission/Value Statement
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire
- BLS-American Heart Association BLS Provider issued card required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in an acute care hospital setting as a Registered Nurse, required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with an Electronic Health Record system; Meditech preferred
- 1 year teaching experience; i.e. precepting, mentoring, and in-service provision, in a clinical environment required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with clinical documentation systems and ability to present to small and large learning groups.
- Ability to communicate electronically, orally, and in writing with a wide variety of individuals.
- Possess a high level of clinical expertise with strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong working relationship with the physician community
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Must have an interdisciplinary focus
Keywords: Capital Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee , Clinical Informatics Coordinator (RN), Healthcare , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!