Registered Nurse First Assist (RNFA)
Posted on: August 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
$7,500 Sign-on Bonus Offered to Qualified Nurses!
Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7
Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a
Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also
include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer
Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center,
Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical
Therapy Services, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services,
Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more. Unit
Description: Surgical Services provides preoperative, perioperative
andpostoperative care for adult and pediatric patients, (no less
than 3 months or10 lbs). The operating suite consists of nine
suites. The operating suite isopen from 6:00am to 11:00pm Monday
through Friday, and on call all other hours.Procedures performed in
the Operating Room include general, ENT, oral,thoracic, vascular,
urological, orthopedic, gynecological, cardiovascular
andneurosurgical. Cases are pre-scheduled elective, urgent, and
emergent. General,regional, moderate and local anesthesia is
available. Patient care is providedunder the direction of a nursing
director, with responsibility and authority tocarry out all
established policies, and for providing overall direction in
thequality, safety, and appropriateness of patient care provided.
Position Summary: Provide professionalnursing care to patients
utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate withother members of
the health care delivery team including physicians, to
deliverquality health care. ESSENTIALFUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge and applicationof the nursing process in
the peri-operative setting.
- Demonstrates knowledge and applicationof the surgical
- Participates and cooperates in the unitbased Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides anenvironment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective useof
resources and personnel.
- Functions in collaboration with and atdirection of the surgeon
- Practices, develops and endorsescustomer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and familyadvocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protectingconfidential
- Evaluates and documents patientresponse; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocialstatus; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Accurately records patient charges.
- Activelyseeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, qualify ofcare or the services delivered.
- Demonstratesknowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses
system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Followsestablished guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipatedoutcome in the patients care which
results in patient harm.
- Attendsin-service presentations and completes all mandatory
- UsesPerformance Improvement Plan to improve patient
- Regular,Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Followsdirection from physician during surgical
- Anticipatespatient and physician needs in the Operating
- Otherduties as assigned. #TalentLivesHere Qualifications
EDUCATIONREQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- AssociatesDegree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing required
- Current FL RN license required or appropriatecompact licensure.
If compact license held, active FL RN license requiredwithin 90
days of hire
- BLS-AmericanHeart Association BLS Provider issued card
- CNOR preferred
- Certification as RNFA preferred EXPERIENCEREQUIRED OR
- Acute care experience required
- Minimum 5 years previous experience orcompletion of
Perioperative Nursing course required SKILLS,KNOWLEDGE, AND
- Reads and writes Basic English with thebasic skills necessary
to transcribe physicians orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize andrespond to ...
Keywords: HCA., Tallahassee , Registered Nurse First Assist (RNFA), Healthcare , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!