Paramedic Southwood ER PT Nights
Company: Capital Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
-- -- ---- -- -- -- -- -- ------ -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --Southwood ER
CapitalRegional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers
24/7Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a
Pediatric ER,Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also
include a BariatricCenter, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center,
Chest Pain Center w/PCI,Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center,
Heart & Vascular Center,Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy
Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center,Stroke Center, Surgical
Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-CareAffiliated Physician
Practices, and more.
TheDepartment is fully equipped to handle urgent and critical
emergencies,including multiple trauma cases; cardiac, neurological
and pediatricemergencies; orthopedic injuries; obstetrical and
gynecological cases; andother emergencies.
Physiciansin 20 specialties and subspecialties readily available,
residents fromthroughout the region are assured access to
comprehensive emergency healthcare24-hours-a-day,
POSITIONSUMMARY:The Paramedic, under the direction of the
MedicalDirector and Emergency Services Director, is responsible for
implementingtechnical procedures and care on all Emergency
Department patients safely andeffectively.-- The quality of care
andservice given will adhere to the philosophy and objectives of
the hospital andthe department of nursing and will maintain and
support the standards ofnursing care and practice in order to meet
the health care needs of patients,and their families.-- The
Paramedic worksresponsibly---- with the RN and LPN inplanning, and
performing nursing care for patient(s) in accordance with
theFlorida State 10-D-66, physician---s orders, recognized nursing
techniques,policies, procedures, established standards and
- Demonstratesknowledge of the nursing process.
- Participatesand cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Supports,maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patientcare through effective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices,develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internaland external customers.
- Servesas the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right toprivacy by protecting confidential
- Plansand implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and theage of the patient.
- Evaluatesand documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes inphysiological and psycho-social status; takes
appropriate action based onassessment of the patient.
- Activelyseeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, qualify ofcare or the services delivered.
- Demonstratesknowledge of the occurrence reporting system.--Uses
system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Followsestablished guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error orunanticipated outcome in the patient---s care which
results in patient harm.
- Attendsin-service presentations and completes all mandatory
- UsesPerformance Improvement Plan to improve patient
- Regular,punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties asassigned.Your benefits include:
- -------------------Paid Time Off
- -------------------Medical, dental, flex spending, life,
- -------------------Tuition reimbursement
- -------------------Employee discount program
- -------------------Employee stock purchase program
- -------------------Student loan repaymentQualifications
- Stateof Florida Paramedic License
- BLS--- AHA Healthcare Provider
- ACLScertificationEXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:--
- One(1) year of experience preferredSKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND
- Readsand writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transcribephysician---s orders
- Knowledgeof body substance isolation
- Abilityto listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and externalpartners needs
- Basiccomputer skillsAn EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free
CampusNotice Our Company---s recruiters are here to help unlock the
next possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Capital Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee , Paramedic Southwood ER PT Nights, Healthcare , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!