Surgical Technician PT Wknds Only
Company: Capital Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: Weekends Only
CapitalRegional Medical Center--is a 266-bedacute-care hospital
that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and GadsdenCounties
including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care
ER.Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health
Center, CancerCenter, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast
Center, Family Center,Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center,
Physical Therapy Services,Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke
Center, Surgical Services, Wound HealingCenter, Network-of-Care
Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
POSITIONSUMMARY:Provide care topatients under the direction of the
RN and surgeon in accordance with thephilosophy, goals, and
objectives of CRMC.--ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstratesknowledge and application of sterile technique,
instruments and supplies neededfor surgical cases.
- Communicates,interacts and participates in teamwork as a member
of the OR team.
- Communicatesand participates in patient care activities in
direct conjunction with the RN.
- Usestraining and experience to make decisions on behalf of the
OR and patient.
- Participatesand cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Maintainsand practices quality patient care through effective
use of resources andpersonnel.
- Practices,develops and endorsescustomer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Servesas the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right toprivacy by protecting confidential
- Activelyseeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, qualify ofcare or the services delivered.
- Demonstratesknowledge of the occurrence reporting system.--Uses
system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Followsestablished guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error orunanticipated outcome in the patient---s care which
results in patient harm.
- Attendsin-service presentations and completes all mandatory
- UsesPerformance Improvement Plan to improve patient
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Graduated from Surgical Technology training program or LPN
- High School or equivalency required--LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
- BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required
- LPN Licensure in Florida required for LPN candidates
- Technologist Certification preferred--EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR
- Previous scrubbing experience preferred
- Acute care experience preferred--SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transcribe physician---s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs
- Knowledge of basic anesthesia--An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
Tobacco Free CampusNotice Our Company---s recruiters are here to
help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take
your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Capital Regional Medical Center, Tallahassee , Surgical Technician PT Wknds Only, Healthcare , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!