Backend Software Engineer - Remote
Company: Seamless AI
Posted on: November 20, 2020
The Software Engineer role will be a part of a lean, nimble, full
stack powerful engineering team. We value simplicity in both our
code and our UI. We don't believe in bloated teams or overly
architected solutions; we opt for small, nimble players that work
well together, iterates fast and achieves more as a high-powered
team. Since we're a small team, you'll have the opportunity to work
on virtually all aspects of the software and have a direct and
immediate impact! This role will advance our cutting-edge data
search engine and social profiling platform. The role will build
scalable backend microservices, APIs and database structures using
Node / Express / Postgres, etc. We have a service-oriented
architecture, two client facing platforms, a web app, and a Chrome
extension supported by around 9 other services (with an internal
API to connect them). You will be at the core of every new feature,
every product decision, and every touch point of our users. You
will not be micromanaged and have full autonomy to design the
architecture and engineer the features / products for scale. If you
are a problem solver and enjoy having the ability to think
creatively with your code, you would love being on this team.
Seamless delivers the world's best sales leads. Through our
product, we help sales teams maximize revenue, increase sales, and
easily acquire their total addressable market using artificial
intelligence. We have been recognized as one of Ohio's fastest
growing companies and just won an award for Best Technology Company
of the year in 2019 by NJTC,Best Place to Work in 2020, and a Top
50 Linkedin Startup!
The Seamless Family
We have an amazing culture and work environment that anyone would
want to be a part of. We encourage a culture of positivity. We
thrive off of continuous feedback and do whatever it takes to help
our team and customers be successful. You will grow as an
individual, professionally, and be able to see and feel the impact
you are making to the growth of Seamless every day.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Design, Development, and implementation of scalable and
performant backend microservices handling large quantities of
concurrent requests and data (initially this role will be
responsible for backend development but will also require frontend,
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business
processes to support hundreds of millions of records.
- Solve complex near real-time web engineering problems with big
- Passion for building backend technologies that have the power
to positively impact millions.
- Regularly (and often frequently) shipping quality finished code
- working in an AGILE/MVP format is key.
- Creating full features, relatively unsupervised.
Skills / Requirements:
- 5+ years experience building highly-available, scalable and
experience ideal / a plus).
- Expert knowledge of modern back-end development and back-end
- A firm grasp of Computer Science fundamentals including object
oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving
and complexity analysis.
- Strong knowledge of asynchronous programming patterns and
service-oriented architecture (SOA) solutions.
- Experience developing internal APIs, and integrating with 3rd
You Fit Our Culture If You...
- Value autonomy and ownership of your work
- Self-motivated engineer with the ability to work well with a
small team of highly-driven / entrepreneurial Developers
- Willingness to go beyond the standard "9-5" when needed. We
love what we do, and often find ourselves working nights and/or
weekends to get the job done
- Possess innate passion for coding, software development, and
Disclaimer: This is a full-time remote position, headquartered out
of Columbus, OH. We are open to assisting with relocation and
willing to discuss U.S. remote for the right candidate. Visa
Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will
need to be authorized to work in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
No Recruiters. This is an internal position our internal team is
Keywords: Seamless AI, Tallahassee , Backend Software Engineer - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!