Field Service Technician II - Florida/Alabama Region
Company: John Zink Hamworthy Combustion
Posted on: November 24, 2020
Field Service Specialist/Technician
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is looking for a Field Service
Specialist/Technician in Tampa/Orlando, FL.
What You Will Do In Your Role:
* Perform checkout, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning/
startup of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment
for our manufactured and packaged equipment. This equipment
includes, but is not limit to: pumps, motors, valves, actuators,
and transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and
programmable logic controllers (PLC). Specialist will be required
to install, navigate, troubleshoot and alter all types of PLC's
(programmable controllers) PID loop controllers, VFD's, HMI's, and
other control devices
* Provide phone and on-line technical support for other JZ
Technicians and customers
* Provide end user training and participates in cross training
within the service department
* Provides recommendations on retrofit/modifications to existing
* Carries a company cell phone and is on call for customer service
* Completes all required service ticket information and gets
customer acceptance of services and parts provided
* Generates/ modifies technical documents/ Drawings to represent
final field changes and corrections for commissioning of
* This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
* This role requires extensive travel within the US, mainly Florida
and Alabama. 75-85% travel should be expected.
* Must be able to stand, stoop, reach lift overhead, and sit for
long periods of time.
* Must be able to lift 100 pounds of weight
* Must be able to hear distinct sounds, visualize all colors of
spectrum and visually see up close and at distance.
* This work is in outdoor environment and long workdays on
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
* 1+ year experience understanding and apply National Electrical
* 2+ year experience reading and understand P&ID's, fabrication
drawings, and electrical schematics
* Understanding of computer applications
* 3+ year experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and
* Electrical and mechanical skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Effective communication skills in English both oral and
* Demonstrated safe work habits in an industrial environment
* Proven Mechanical Aptitude and ability to work independent to
* High School diploma or GED
* Two (2) year technical degree or 1 year electrical or equivalent
in a relevant field or military service
* A TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) will have to
obtained within first six (6) weeks of employment
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
* Past work history traveling for work related functions.
* 5+ years' experience working on all types of industrial,
electrical and electronic equipment including, but not limited to
motors, valves, actuators, transmitters and PLC equipment
* 5+ years' experience with electrical troubleshooting, including
the ability to read schematics and wiring programs
* 5+ years' experience with safety, OSHA and NFPA 70E
* Experience troubleshooting experience with 120, 220, 480 VAC, and
24VDC wiring and circuits
* Experience with Allen Bradley Control Logix, RS Linx, and GE Rx3i
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
* Capability of programming, calibrating and configuring 4-20 MA
* Two (2) or Four (4) year technical degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are
conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for
additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Keywords: John Zink Hamworthy Combustion, Tallahassee , Field Service Technician II - Florida/Alabama Region, IT / Software / Systems , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!