Mid-Level Java Developer
Posted on: February 24, 2021
GeekSI is seeking candidates matching its corporate culture. A
candidate must be passionate about their craft, but who may think a
little differently than the average employee. After joining the
Geek Team, they inherently will contribute to GeekSI's reputation
of providing the best, most innovative technical resources in the
industry who ultimately not only care about their customers, but
about their customer's business, clients and end-users. Work hard,
Job Location(s):Tallahassee, FLSecurity Clearance: US GovernmentJob
Class: Software EngineeringExperience: Veteran
AdministrationVirtual: yesRelocation Available: NoJob Type:
Full-TimeWork Schedule: Standard 40-hour weekWe are currently NOT
For this Mid-Level Java Developer position, the developer must be
able to provide maintenance, enhancement, and support for a variety
of the agency's business applications; generate complex database
objects; create/update database packages, procedures, and
functions; assist in the preparation and documentation of program
requirements and specifications; research and document requirements
of program users; write, translate, and code software programs and
applications per specifications; assist in the development and
maintenance of user manuals and guidelines; work with network
administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist
in resolving problems with software products or company software
systems; and provide mentoring and guidance to junior
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the
knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Must currently reside in the US.
- Must be able to obtain a US security clearance for Veterans
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science,
Information Systems, or other Information Technology major (Or
equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant technical or business work
The candidate must be able to perform the following duties and/or
- 5-10 years' experience developing Java applications.
- 5-10 years' experience with Oracle PL/SQL
jQuery or AngularJS
- Experience with responsive design frameworks
- Experience using code repositories.
- Experience using continuous integration tools.
- Knowledge of relational and object-oriented database
- Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies-Knowledge of
Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
- Experience with database query tools (i.e., TOAD, SQL
Developer, SQL Navigator)
- Knowledge of database security, including role-based
- Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language
- Familiarity with Agile development, specifically Scrum, Extreme
Programming (XP) and Kanban
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display
foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications
and assigned application software systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper
completion of work assignments.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines without
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
GeekSI provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual
orientation, citizenship status, disability, veteran or any other
legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions
concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training,
termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or
career development. --- Thank you for your interest in being a part
of the Geek Team. If you feel you are up for the challenge, please
contact us. You can also visit our site at geeksi.tech.
Keywords: GeekSI, Tallahassee , Mid-Level Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!