Field Service Technician
Company: Guardian Fueling Technologies LLC
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Field Service Technicianations Needed in Pensacola and
The field service technician is responsible for troubleshooting
electro-mechanical problems, completing installations, and
performing unscheduled repairs and scheduled maintenance on
equipment, based upon customer demand and need; and to provide
complete customer satisfaction in a polite and professional
Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively analyzes problem situations pertaining to
breakdowns of customer equipment and recommends to customer actions
necessary to correct situation.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor and promotes goodwill between
the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer
- Observes, analyzes, and determines corrective course of action
for service and repair of customer equipment.
- Performs necessary repairs to correct analyzed situations in a
professional and productive manner.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment for contracted
customers according to Company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety rules and ensures that hazardous waste is
disposed of properly.
- Opens and closes work orders with Dispatch, provides service
repair narratives (written and verbal) for customer, and submits
paperwork for time worked and repairs completed in a neat, accurate
and timely manner.
- Accounts for 100% of paid time.
- Maintains part inventory and supplies in van.
- Maintains service van to ensure that it is clean, organized and
hazard free inside and out
- Ensures that regular maintenance is performed on service van
(i.e. oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and that required repairs
- Performs factory authorized modifications per
- Responsible for maintaining personal tools required for
performing the job effectively and safely.
- Responsible for following customer's safety and housekeeping
guidelines when performing repairs at customer site.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation
- Technical Capacity.
- Financial Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- General Safety.
- Lock-out Tag-out.
- Electrostatic Discharge Awareness.
- Foreign Object Damage Awareness.
- Quality System Awareness.
Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a high school diploma/GED and/or one to three
years mechanical and electrical, experience in a similar
environment or equivalent in college or vocational
- Excellent people skills and verbal communication
- Knowledge of reading schematics and manuals.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Skilled in providing excellent customer relations by exchanging
information with courtesy and consideration.
- Ability to exhibit a professional demeanor, and develop
customer relations and superior service.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with
all levels of an organization internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and understand
necessary service and training manuals.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or demonstrated
- Ability to maintain a good understanding of industry
innovations and product availability in order to make
recommendations based on customer needs.
- Ability to safely operate personal hand tools.
- Ability to draw upon available support resources from within
the company and recognize when it is appropriate to do
- Such other knowledge, skills, and abilities as are necessary in
connection with additionally assigned duties.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Experience or Certification(s) in one or more of the following is a
- Gilbarco Dispenser
- Gasboy Fleet
- Veeder Root
- Fuel Master
Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a good driving
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
Security clearance may be required for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and
vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of
extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in
the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position
regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside
conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and
exposure to dust and asphalt.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position is very active and requires standing, walking,
bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all
day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Safety Glasses and hard hats required while performing certain
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday
through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be
required as job duties demand.
Local travel is expected for this position.
Guardian is a Drug Free Workplace. You must successfully pass a
drug screen, background check, and MVR to work with Guardian.
Posted: 04/28/2021 08:43 PM
Keywords: Guardian Fueling Technologies LLC, Tallahassee , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!