Aerial Fiber Lineman
Company: ElectriCom Inc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Location: Tallahassee, FL Salary Interval: Hourly Position
Description ElectriCom, a Utility Construction company, was founded
in 1960 in Paoli, Indiana. ElectriCom has experienced continuous
growth since its inception. The company takes pride in focusing on
family values both in the workplace and with its customer base.
ElectriCom seeks employees with the ability and desire to work for
a progressive company. ElectriCom offers a competitive package for
both wages and benefits. Employees who show quality performance
will have the opportunity for advancement and further development
of skills. This role will perform tasks involving aerial and ground
telecommunications work at construction/service sites and may
operate aerial truck and associated equipment with handling telecom
line components. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety First!
- Lead and motivate crew to meet OSHA, Customer ElectriCom safety
requirements, project specifications and daily production
- Safely operator boom truck, climb poles as needed and utilize
standard tools of the trade.
- Ability and willingness to follow direction from
- Willingness to work both individually and in a team
- Communicate professionally with co-workers, homeowners and
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair overhead fiber lines.
- Read and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
- Understand separation and clearance regulations.
- Install poles and place wires and cables.
- Keep detailed record of work activity.
- Basic tools required: Climbing tools (belt & gaffs), basic hand
- Ability to utilize bucket trucks, crawl spaces, ladders,
ceilings, tunnels and trenches to access various installation and
construction points as required.
- Ability to work aloft, either from a ladder, aerial lift device
or by gaffing.
- Ability to climb numerous telephone poles daily, approx. 20' in
- Ability to lift and/or pull 100lbs several times per day.
- Ability to endure long periods of standing, sitting or
- Ability to bend, twist, squat and reach above the head several
times per day.
- Continuous use of both hands to operate hand tools and perform
- Ability to work full-time, in an outdoor environment and in all
weather conditions. COMPANY BENEFITS
- Competitive Benefit Package including Medical, Dental, and
- Health Savings Account (HSA) w/ Company Contributions &
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Company Paid Virtual Doctor Service through Teladoc
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability after 3 years
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance & Voluntary Short-Term
- Vacation Time/PTO and Paid Holidays
- Paid weekly
- Per Diem Eligibility #TeamElectriCom Position Requirements
- Must have 1+ years' experience in the utility/construction
- Driver's license is required, with clean driving record.
- Valid CDL-A is strongly desired.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical. Equal Opportunity Employer
ElectriCom is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed,
color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry,
nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status,
genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law
(except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational
Keywords: ElectriCom Inc, Tallahassee , Aerial Fiber Lineman, IT / Software / Systems , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!