Senior Software Architect - Supervising Architect ( Full Time Contractor/Full Time Regular Employee)
Company: Electronic Arts (EA)/Plecosystems Inc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE - Electronic Arts (EA)
POSITION: Senior/Supervising Software Architect ( Regular FTE or
Full Time Contractor)
DEPARTMENT: Global IT
REPORTS TO: Director, Game Development Application Services, Global
Plecosystems Inc. a global, high tech digital commerce organization
that creates high tech solutions for our customers has been engaged
by Electronic Arts (EA) to search for an experienced Senior
Software Architect (SSA) who can operate as a supervisor/mentor to
join their Information Technology Group based at their offices in
Orlando, FL, Vancouver, BC or with the option to work remotely.
EA is a digital entertainment company where enterprise technology
needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce
collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security,
and corporate activities. Their mission is to bring creative
technology services to each of these areas, working across the
company to ensure "better play."
The Information Technology group works as a global team to empower
EA's employees and business operations to be creative,
collaborative, and productive.
- The tech leader will foster a culture of innovation, where
inventive ideas are encouraged, and product teams are built around
developing these ideas.
- This is an opportunity to envision and implement enterprise-level
solutions to support the Application Lifecycle Management for EA's
game development teams.
- The Senior Software Architect oversees Software Architects across
all their products, as well as being hands on with creating
solution architectures to incorporate custom, COTS and packaged
applications together with integrations with products.
This includes Slack, JIRA, Perforce, and GitLab. As a Microsoft
shop, these solutions are built using the latest technologies with
a cloud-first philosophy and use public cloud services from leading
providers such as Azure, AWS, and Google.
- Streamline and enhance the Game Creators' tools is one of the
main mandates of the SSA and to allow for improved iteration time
and quality of work amongst the Game Development teams, some of the
current mandates for the role includes:
- Build a Game Creation Platform to provide game creators with a
consolidated and integrated experience, allowing the ability to
create any title, anytime, anywhere.
- Seek opportunities to leverage the vast amount of data and AI to
continue improving the solutions and deliver an excellent end-user
. As an influential role, this individual interfaces with senior
leaders of all game teams across EA. As such, create, maintain, and
sustain professional relationships with internal business partners,
think critically, and in the capacity to influence others, and
communicate with a variety of audiences.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in a related software engineering
discipline with specialized leadership and mentoring capabilities
to perform the job responsibilities through previous experience and
- Hands on architect background, mentoring and leadership including
developing enterprise level software solution.
- Minimum of 7 years of broad experience working with development
technologies including Microsoft. NET(C#), ASP.NET/MVC, HTML + CSS3
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in data base development using
Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMs and related programming data
access technologies such as ADO, NET, ORMs, OData)
- Solid experience in DevOps.
- Experience with development technologies including Agile.
- Minimum 7 years' experience applying design patterns,
methodologies and recognized practices like unit testing,
dependency injection, test driven development, continuous
integration and delivery.
- Preferred expertise in Slack, JIRA, Perforce, and GitLab. As a
Microsoft shop, these solutions are built using the latest
technologies with a cloud-first philosophy and use public cloud
services from leading providers such as Azure, AWS, and Google
- Minimum of 5 years' experience architecting cloud based
applications using Paas and IaaS from Amazon's AWS and Microsoft
- Ability to operate at one of our facilities in Florida or Canada,
or ability to operate effectively remotely or hybrid.
- Bonus, stock grants, option to buy stock twice a year at reduced
- 401K Plan matching.
- Comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and
wellbeing to support employee needs and help balance your career
and personal life.
- Access to dynamic and collaborative work environments with
opportunities to connect and contribute through their Employee
Resource Groups which support for a balanced life.
- Paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video
games and so much more.
- Christmas week off.
- Training budget.
Please apply here or send resume with salary expectations to CHRO
Keywords: Electronic Arts (EA)/Plecosystems Inc, Tallahassee , Senior Software Architect - Supervising Architect ( Full Time Contractor/Full Time Regular Employee), IT / Software / Systems , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!