Technical Writer/Documentation Specialist
Company: PSR Associates Inc
Posted on: January 26, 2023
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in
Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results.
Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta,
GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.;
Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA. Trusted, connected,
experienced and fast, PSR Associates delivers the right talent to
help leading companies perform at their best.
Technical Writer/Documentation Specialist Position Description
We are seeking a Technical Writer/Documentation Specialist to join
our team. The selected candidate will work a hybrid schedule
consisting of three (3) days each week onsite in Tallahassee, FL
and two (2) days each week remotely.
This position's expectations include:
- Serve as support onsite at the Executive Office of the
- Responsible for multimedia development using Adobe Captivate,
Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro,
After Effects, Audition), 3D Modeling, etc.
Bachelor s Degree in Journalism, Technical Writing, Business
Administration, Graphics Design, Instructional Design, Web Design,
Graphic Design, Corporate Multimedia Production, Digital Design and
Animation, Fine Arts, or other multimedia related subject or other
duties as assigned.
- Typically has 1 to 2 years of business, technical writing
experience and/or working knowledge of multiple software and
graphics, web, instructional design and multimedia production
Primary Job Duties/ Tasks
- Create compelling graphics, such as banners, logos, flyers,
posters, infographics, etc. using Adobe Photoshop and
- Edit and create engaging video for use on websites and in CBTs
using Adobe Premiere Pro, Captivate, and After Effects.
- Create storyboards, discuss project plans, follow project
schedules and manage project workloads independently while
maintaining a strong working relationship and effective
communication with the team members.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning concepts,
techniques, and methods
- Knowledge of trends in creative design, processes, products,
digital media, and websites
- Knowledge of 508 Electronic and Information Technology
- Skill in researching, compiling, and analyzing data to report
- Skill in using office automation tools (MS Office 2010,
SharePoint 2010, Email/Calendaring, etc.)
- Ability to use multimedia development tools (audio-video
Production, streaming media, Graphic design, website design,
computer-based training software, publication software, etc.) with
an emphasis on the Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Captivate
General Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
The selected candidate must be able to apply common knowledge,
skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Initiative: Must be able to comprehend assignments, organize
workload, and meet deadlines with little direction. Must be able to
monitor and analyze situations to determine the next step.
- Communication: Can clearly convey information, in both written
and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of
settings (i.e., project team meetings, management presentations,
etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process
information provided by others.
- Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e.,
business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the
needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy
expectations or resolve a problem.
- Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective
decisions utilizing critical thinking skills and analysis.
- Flexibility: is open to change, new processes (or process
improvement), and new information. Can adapt in response to new
information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability
to receive and give constructive criticism and maintain effective
work relationships with others.
- Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and
politeness to others
- Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Can
adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
- Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound
judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make
recommendations as accordingly.
- Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward
accomplishing the common goal as an equal member of the
- Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and
tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the
ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.
Keywords: PSR Associates Inc, Tallahassee , Technical Writer/Documentation Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Tallahassee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!